Reports Permission suggestion for change

JandJCyclesJandJCycles Member Posts: 1

The "Reports" permission seems to be tied to too many functions. IE I want to allow my Store Manager to have access to reports but I don't want him to have access to the Home Page where it shows my daily sales and profit. I am told that these 2 functions are tied together. Also, when one of my employees is accepting inventory, they can't see if that item is on layaway or special order for a customer. I am told that the only way for them to have this function is if I give them the "Reports" permission. I don't want them to have access to reports, but simply to be able to see if the inventory being received is reserved for a customer or not.

IMO the Reports permission needs to be divided into 3 separate permissions:

1) Reports

2) Home page showing daily sales

3) Layaways and Special Orders visibility when entering new inventory

Chris

1 comment

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 27 ✭

Chris,

In general, I think you'll find that LSR's permissions are not nearly as granular as they should be in all respects. The permissions groups are much larger and there are far fewer of them as compared with Onsite and this results in far less nuanced control over who can do what.

So, much more granular permissions as a whole would be very beneficial in future LSR updates.