All of my vendors P.O go to their spam folder

omgchrisomgchris Member Posts: 8
edited August 2021 in Feedback

As you may know, emails sent from the Email Tab on a Purchase Order are sent by and From a lightspeed based email address.

A reply-to is set to our company email.

Once in a while our vendor would find a purchase order in their spam folder, it wasn't a big deal.

Now, most of our vendors are finding our purchase order emails in their spam folder.

We must have another option...

I would suggest you set up a way for us to create DNS records for your mailing servers, that way you can send mail FROM our domain/email address and rely on our own domain reputation... Not your own which is shared and easily abused I'm sure.

As a paying customer with 5 locations on lightspeed I expect someone to reply to this who works at Lightspeed. This spam issue is hurting our business.

Post edited by VD_LS on

11 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey Chris,

Thanks for pointing this out, it is usually due to the emails coming from our Cloudflare domain, most corporate emails flagging it as spam when it gets to them.

I've forwarded this thread to our feedback forum so it can be considered as a potential enhancement request.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• MarlaMarla Member Posts: 3

I have this same issue. I agree if it was able to send from our email address then it would also show up in our sent folder. I never know if they received it or not. So then I have to call or send an additional email.

• LNCRecumbentLNCRecumbent Member Posts: 4

@omgchris, @Marla ,

Did either of you get any resolution on this? I'm having the same issue on the Retail side with PO emails to vendors and quote emails to customers. I'm also seeing this issue pop up on the e-Com side where any and all customer communications sent via Lightspeedhq.com go to SPAM. Lightspeed says the issue isn't on their end - it's an issue with Google Workspace. Google tech support is only helpful if you are an IT professional - forget it if you are a lay(wo)man.

@Lightspeed - any guidance on how to rectify this? Given the amount of Google users out there for business, I imagine you have other customers who have struggled with emails sent via Lightspeedhq going to SPAM.

I appreciate any and all help!

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 63 

My recommendation is to either print or export the PO and email it from your own email account as a PDF, csv, or other format. That would, ostensibly, resolve this issue for all of you.

• BlueMountainMusicBlueMountainMusic Member Posts: 48 ✭

Since Lightspeed refuses to allow customers to email their own POs adn we too have run in to this Spam flagging issue, we often send the PO to our own email address and then send it to the supplier from there.

That way we also still have a record of the PO being emailed, which Lightspeed does not do. It considers a PO Ordered as soon as it's saved, and changes nothing when you actually email it. If you iss the little green flag that pops up for a second at the top of the page when you email, then you have no way of knowing if your PO was actually successfully sent.

• Jeroen - Inventory AlarmJeroen - Inventory Alarm Member, Partner Posts: 66 partner

@VD_LS is it possible for Lightspeed users to set up SPF/DKIM for these emails? That would solve a lot probably.

I wrote a blog post with a few tips to improve e-mail delivery and how you can tackle issues

https://inventoryalarm.com/mail-tester-10-out-of-10-score/

Inventory Alarm - Extra revenue with back-in-stock e-mails. Now with 60 day free trial.

App Store EU: https://services.webshopapp.com/login/?redirect=/store/apps/1139/

App Store US: https://services.shoplightspeed.com/login/?redirect=/store/apps/193/

• BaseballBaseball Member Posts: 4

This really needs to be answered by Lightspeed Support - this should be as simple as setting an SPF record in our DNS records - can we get some guidance from lightspeed on that SPF record?

• MeredithMeredith Member Posts: 2

In my opinion, this isn't an enhancement request, it's a DESIGN FLAW. If the purpose of giving customers the ability to email a purchase order was to make it easier to place orders straight to their vendors, then it follows that the Sent From email should be the customer. That's the relationship - the buyer and the vendor. There IS no relationship between the point of sale system and the vendor. I should not have to ask every one of my vendors to accept any kind of email from lightspeed. I don't represent lightspeed.

@lightspeed Please prioritize this as a bug that needs to be fixed, not some request. We shouldn't have to vouch for Lightspeed to our vendors in order to use a feature you built.

• arcticarctic Member Posts: 5

Would be really nice if each user could send from there email and not only 1 reply to email.

@Meredith Yes! I agree 100%.

You can't even remove the ad for Lightspeed at the end of every PO you send out!! Why am I paying LS, only to have my suppliers receive a Lightspeed sales pitch every time I order?? We should at the VERY least be able to specify PO footers to reflect our shop branding, not Lightspeed.

BTW... Almost a year waiting on this now, no movement, progress, or followup whatsoever.