Quantity in a Sale to include decimals

rufflifepetrufflifepet Member Posts: 2

I own a pet boutique/gear store and we sell treats by the ounce. Can you please make it possibloe to include numbers with decomals (e.g., 2.7 oz) and to calculate the amount accordingly? As of right now, the quantity only allows whole numbers and it is an inconvenience to either round up or down or to ask customers if we can add more to the weight of their purchase. On-Site had this capability. Uncertain as to why Retail does not. It's a no-brainer. Thank you.

19 comments

• artandfiberartandfiber Member Posts: 1

This is disappointing to discover. I recently switched over from Square (which has this feature) and assumed it would be possible as Lightspeed is an improvement over Square in almost every way.

I sell fabric and we cut custom lengths. We also sell other items in bulk by weight making partial quantities a crucial feature needed to process many sales. Without this function, it's going to require instituting new policies about minimum quantities and increments...not fun for the customer and a headache for me on the record-keeping side of things.

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 55 ✭

Here too, we also break whole items and sell them as half items. Please give us this opportunity.

• cwaliguracwaligura Member Posts: 6

Same here - surprised this is not possible. Please add it.

• Docsmom687Docsmom687 Member Posts: 1

I have the same issue. I have a fabric store so there are times when someone will buy 1/4 yd, 1/2 yd. I have do manually do this in misc. and note the sku number and the amount that was sold. This is NOT the way to manage my inventory. I have to ask what's the advantage to the Lightspeed system?

• mike_fourthmike_fourth Member Posts: 11

We have the same issue. We bill hours, and need to input fractions of hours as the quantity. We also sell fabric by the yard and run into the same issue with this item.

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 65 

@shoehn What you're requesting is already possible with the Box or Assembly feature. All you have to do is create an item to represent the half item and link them so that the full item breaks into two half items.

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 65 

+1 on this one. Our company sells brewing grain, tubing, bulk cleaning products, and a number of other items by weight and not being able to sell in fractions creates a lot of issues. This feature was very helpful in OnSite and would be appreciated here.

• jsilvers5jsilvers5 Member Posts: 9

I just posted the same issue, and didn't scroll down far enough to see someone (actually multiple parties) has the same issue.

What, if anything, is LS doing about this????

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 55 ✭

@jsilvers5 I think the general consensus is that LS is not doing anything about this issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 132 

This is a long-standing issue, lots of complaints here (including some from me) for many years.

The workaround has been to enter items as fractional costs so you can use whole numbers. We sell cheese, so we entered the price of a $20/lb cheese as .20 and then we weigh in 1/100ths and ring it at the register and on the receipt as 50 @ $.20 = $10 for the half pound. It limits pricing flexibility, and makes it look weird on the receipt, but at least it works. If you sell a lot of fractional items, I wouldn't pick LS.

• jsilvers5jsilvers5 Member Posts: 9

Does anyone from LS respond to these threads?

• ryanrothwellryanrothwell Member Posts: 3

WOW. I just figured this out today after a month + of working on onboarding, still not even close to done. I just assumed this would be an obvious feature. We sell feed/bulk food by the LB and this is going to be devastating. PLEASE ALLOW THIS!! So disappointed.

• NCFMNCFM Member Posts: 9

This is easily the most requested feature, and also the most ignored by LS. There are posts about customers needing this feature dating back to 2018.

100% failure on all fronts at Lightspeed.

• TBSExpressTBSExpress Member Posts: 1

I am going to add my name to the list for wanting this feature added we sell bulk automotive oils in our Service Center and we need to be able to sell it to .xx as many vehicles call for fractional amounts of oil. LightSpeed please respond.

• loriprenticeloriprentice Member Posts: 2

I am getting really frustrated with not being able to purchase with fractions. I use the assembly and box features all the time and I need to be able to have more accurate measurement and costing by the use of fractions.

When will this feature be added? I can't imagine it would be that difficult to add.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 926 
    edited June 6

Y'all do know that this commonly requested change has been out there since Lightspeed purchased this solution from Merchant OS almost nine years ago, right?

The funniest gap to me is how that Retail enforces penny currency amounts. No rounding is available. As a Canadian-based company. And Canada phased out pennies about 10 years ago. Yeah, this isn't a leading/bleeding edge solution for sure...

• sbgdgnmsbgdgnm Member Posts: 5

Please @Lightspeed we need some responses and some accountability!

• coronastreetnaturalscoronastreetnaturals Member Posts: 1

This is extremely important to us as well. This can't be that hard of a development change