Need a Matrix Image Autofill

PattyPatty Member Posts: 12
edited August 2021 in Feedback

An image in a matrix does not attach to the individual items. Sometimes I understand you'd need different photos representing different colors or something but if you have 41 sizes of jeans that all look the same it sure would be nice to have a "apply to all items" option for the matrix image!

6 comments

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 55 ✭

@Patty agreed, we have this same issue with footwear. Maybe we get in 3 colours of a boot or shoe, in sizes women's 6-12, so 13 units per colour, times 3 colours is 39 individual items. In order to assign each of them an image, you have to click the image + button next to each one, wait for the image screen to open, select the image you want, click the save button. So each item takes 3 mouse clicks to set an image. 39 individual items times 3 is 117 mouse clicks to set all the colours. Multiply this by the fact that we often recieve 10 plus items at a time that may require uploading to eCom, so now we might be over 1100 mouse clicks in a single PO in order to get them set up on eCom.

PAINFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The system already has a mass change feature for prices, taxes, weights, titles, etc. Please add the ability to add images to multiple variants at the same time as well. This will save users literally hours of mouse time and carpel tunnel issues.

Would anyone at Lightspeed be able to weigh in on this and provide a solution to hours of mouse clicks, or thoughts on if this issue is being worked on already?

• ekempekemp Member Posts: 10

Absolutely agree with both Patty and Shoehn, this is an absolute must have feature for any Matrix users! We are going to spend hours each week trying to just keep up with photo management issues in EComm!

Also concur that it would be nice to have a representative from Lightspeed comment back on this time/dollar wasting issue!!!

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 55 ✭

@Lightspeed Team @Lightspeed any thoughts or updates on this? Is this something that is being worked on and we will see a solution for soon?

• PattyPatty Member Posts: 12

Checking back in to see if a change is in the works...

• mattangermattanger Member Posts: 107 ✭

Hi @Patty I run a service that provides Retail "add-ons", and a image manager for item matrixes is one of them. It does what's been asked for in the comments above!

I know adding a additional service isn't ideal, but the pace a which new features are added to Retail is glacial. If you're interested of have questions feel free to send a direct message or email (it's in my profile).

Matt Anger

https://spectraretail.com/

• ekempekemp Member Posts: 10

@Lightspeed Team @Lightspeed any thoughts or updates on this? Is this something that is being worked on and we will see a solution for soon? I see Matt's comment, but all these add on cost keep "adding" up, bad enough we have to have Lightspeed Analytics just to see any type of useful matrix reports, of coarse after we are in bed and fully vested with Lightspeed! and of coarse yet another third party to pay, manage relationship with etc. it is all very overwhelming in cost and time for the small family owned business with only a few locations, and trying to develop an online presence