Credit Card User Surcharge Fee Cash Discount

LexPaulLexPaul Member Posts: 1
edited October 26 in Feedback

Lightspeed,

Please add a credit card user surcharge option (cash discount) for retail. We as business owners need to be able to offer customers a cash discount option and charge those customers the 2.5% to 4% credit card user fee if they insist on using their credit or debit cards. The amount should be optional for each retailers specific needs.

Get on the bus. This is something that needed to be done 3 years ago!

LexPaul

Post edited by VD_LS on

7 comments

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 46

I agree Lightspeed needs to add this feature. Debit cards should be a separate setting though since debit card fees are much lower.

• RainflurryRainflurry Member Posts: 25
    edited October 22

You can set up a discount (Settings>Discount) for this. You can set up a "Credit Card Surcharge" of -X%. A negative discount works like a surcharge. Then, just add it to the sale when ringing up a sale.

• GrantDGrantD Member Posts: 1

I just tried a negative discount and get an error msg that discount must be a number. If I leave off the - sign and just do 2% it works but -2% gives me the error. How do you get it to be negative?

This is what my screen looks like when entering the negative discount. It saves fine and works as expected.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

I've moved this request to our feedback forum for it to be taken into consideration for future updates.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• Uncle_MiltonUncle_Milton Member Posts: 40

My understanding is that in most jurisdictions in Canada it is illegal to charge extra to the customer (i.e service charge) if they pay by credit card

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would charge a credit card surcharge to their customers. Any gain is going to be more than offset by angry customers.