Accepting 2 separate debit payments with Lightspeed Retail

AcesHighAcesHigh Member Posts: 6

Hi there,

I am using Lightspeed Retail, and ran into a situation that I am unsure how to process the payment.

Lets say a customer wants to purchase something worth $3000 and has to use two different debit cards (Or two different credit cards) I can process a payment using a credit card and a debit card but not 2 of one or the other.... Some customers have limits on their debit cards, example $1000, and we need to accept payment from two of their debit cards.... Seems I am unable to do so. Is there a workaround or a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

5 comments

• AcesHighAcesHigh Member Posts: 6
    edited October 20

Anyone able to help me? Maybe this is not doable, if not, it certainly should be.

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 46

Are you using integrated payment processing? We use Cayan and we're able to charge multiple debit cards.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

Hey @AcesHigh

Like Ben mentioned, depending on which integrated payment processing company you're using, the steps may differ.

For this reason, we recommend contacting our support team so we can review your setup and determine the best steps to take for split debit payments.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• AcesHighAcesHigh Member Posts: 6

I am using a different, separate processing system that is not integrated. I have no problem processing on our handheld credit card/ debit scanner, however inputting two separate debits or credit card transactions on one single purchase on Lightspeed Retail does not work for me. I will have to get in touch with Lightspeed technical support.

• JamesSBBJamesSBB Member Posts: 14

It's very straightforward so long as you have payment types setup for different card types. I haven't hit a limit on payment types on an individual transaction.