Duplicate Suppliers on Ecom

EvelyneEvelyne Posts: 3Member
edited June 2018 in Products & Categories
Hello! I have found a problem that seems like it would have an easy solution. While editing products on the Ecom side and entering a supplier to an item, you start to type the supplier as it searches for what you're looking for, however, if you hit enter before the supplier you seek has been selected, it will create a new supplier under the few letters you have typed. This has created duplicate suppliers for us and there doesn't seem to be a way to merge them. I know there are merging capabilities on the retail side, merging items for example. If merging isn't a possibility, it might be a good feature to prevent the addition of a new supplier under the same name of one that already exists.

1 comment

• JoeyJoey Posts: 152Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hi Evelyne, thanks for reaching out and providing feedback!

We are aware that Supplier names can be duplicated and there is currently no way to prevent this. We have a feature request in regards to this concern. You can send our support team a ticket, they will then be able to assign your shop to this feature request, bumping up the priority.

If you are using Lightspeed OMNI with Retail I recommend leaving the supplier blank to save yourself time (unless you really need it in eCom). The supplier does not show for to your customers, only in the back office.

Hope this clarifies!

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ