How can you display only In-Stock Matrix Varients?

akilnessakilness Posts: 3Member
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knew how to only display the In-Stock matrix variants on the product pages? There are a lot of sizes offered for a particular type of boot and only one in stock. I don't want the customer to have to click through all of the sizes to see which single boot may be in stock. Any insight would be great!

Here is the place to add a conditional statement I believe:

20 comments

• JoeyJoey Posts: 152Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hi Akilness,
    By default the theme editor is not aware of the Variants inventory/availability, only the Default Variant.

There is an app available that can show if variants are available, Stock Filter. There might be other apps in the app store that can help you with inventory.

Hope this helps!

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • akilnessakilness Posts: 3Member
    Thanks for the suggestion! I don't think it will be worth $5 a month for the app. There's no way to call on the stock levels of product.variants?
  • dsteinbeckdsteinbeck Posts: 6Member
    This is certainly something we have been asking for/needing too. The ability to anly show matrix items that are in stock should be a capability that is native to ecom - i.e without the need to continually nickle-and-dime customers with all of these add-ons.
  • mattywebbmattywebb Posts: 2Member
    Agree - i'm setting a shop up and designing a custom theme for the first time and just joined the forum to see if i can get a work around for just this issue.

I was massively surprised when i realised it wasn't standard functionality, Its a very very standard feature of most e-commerce platforms...

Without it - it creates a pretty dismal user experience, having to click through the variants is infuriating for me - to a customer, its a lost sale & missed opportunity - plain and simple.

C'mon guys, lets get it built!

• mattywebbmattywebb Posts: 2Member
    Fuck - the author of that plug in is now charging $21.95 a month! An $18 price hike since June!
  • dsteinbeckdsteinbeck Posts: 6Member
    I think it will be important to understand what Lightspeed's long term strategic direction for their product is going to be.

From where I sit, it seems that you are investing more of your software development efforts/bandwidth into connecting a tangled web of nickel and diming add-on's in order to shore up gaps in what should be baked into your core platform. 

A couple of examples of lacking core functionality that I care about:

- This issue. Not being able to filter out stock and sizes/variants that you don't have....but there's an app for that

- Not having the ability to have a common gift card between retail and ecom... but there's an app for that

- Not providing the ability to control when to charge the customers credit card for an order. We prefer to charge when the order ships, which allows us to make adjustments when there are inventory issues. Don't think there's an app for that....yet

- Customer databases are not harmonized.  We have certain clients/club members that are entitled to a discount.  That info does not flow to ecom.

Add-ons are fine when connecting to other, well established platforms, like Quickbooks to expand overall functionality -- but not for things that should be basic, core, functionality.

Having spent a previous career in the aviation software development business, I understand the challenges you are dealing with in bringing two separate systems (SEO Shop and Lightspeed) together to present an Omnichannel offering to your customers.  But filling in the core functionality gaps with these add-ons is a short term solution that is taking the Omni out of Omnichannel. As your platform evolves -- and these add-on pieces evolve in their own way - the time you spend keeping a fragile web of separate software applications communicating with each other will continue to grow and consume development bandwidth that should be focused on developing your system, not patching it. This is a long-term recipe for disaster.  

• ljorikljorik Posts: 4Member
    did anybody found a solution to this yet, i currently tried multiple things with no succes yet
  • justinbernardusjustinbernardus Posts: 3Member, Beta tester
    its possible by looping through the variants. and if a variant stock level is 1 or higher you display this option. But you need to customize the product.rain theme file 
  • ljorikljorik Posts: 4Member

or let's say i want to grey them out should that be easier to do or am i totally wrong here

• homegrownskatehomegrownskate Posts: 2Member

You guys need to work on some customer facing improvements to matrix based products. I'm selling primarily shoes and clothing and every other major ecom platform is years ahead in terms of ease of use / visibility for customers. Clicking through individual sizes of a product just to see what's available is time consuming and confusing to customers. If we're not able to hide specific out of stock sizes, there should at least be the option to display an "out of stock" message in the size drop down.

Attached another example that's super customer friendly; hovering over the product displays in stock sizes.

This along with not being able to search / filter products by size are by far the two most frequently received pieces of feedback we get.

• homegrownskatehomegrownskate Posts: 2Member
  • AbbasAbbas Posts: 44Member

Hi @Joey

i tried placing the following code in place of {{ product | html_product_configure | raw }} :

as you will see the pages with a oos matrix still shows?

https://www.waterstreetgallery.co.uk/en/selborne-pottery-mug.html

<ul class="buttons-or-list">

{% for variant inproduct.variants %}

<li class="{% if not variant.stock.available %}unavailable{% elseif variant.id == product.vid %}selected{% elseif variant.id != product.vid%}not-selected{% endif %}">

<a href="{{ ( product.url ~ '?id=' ~ variant.id) | url }}" title="{% if variant.stock.available %}{{ 'In stock' | t }}{% else %}{{ 'Out of stock' | t }}{% endif %}">

{{ variant.title | split(':')|last }}

</a>

</li>

{% endfor %}

</ul>

Thanks

Abbas

edited May 1

Hi @Abbas I don't understand what you mean with,

"the pages with a oos matrix still shows"

EDIT: Oh, I guess that would be Out Of Stock. The code you have added does not hide the variants, it just makes them blurry.

You could hide them with CSS, display: none on the class for out of stock variants.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ

Hi @Joey

I think I got confused because of the title of this discussion.

Sorted it!

.product-variant_block-variants.product-variant_notAvailable {

display: none

}

Thanks

Hi again @Joey

I just wondered, can you think of a clever way to not include the Matrix groups? so for example on this page - https://www.waterstreetgallery.co.uk/en/aubergine.html?id=145011056

Instead of the product reading - "Interior: Lined","Size and number of Pages: 180 X 230 mm (Ultra), 240p.","Closure and cover type: Clasp"

it would just be

Lined, 180 X 230 mm (Ultra), 240p, Clasp

Thanks in advance

This might be possible but you will need to work clever with the replace filter:

https://ecom-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000277614-3-c-Rain-filters

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • jaharstonejaharstone Posts: 1Member

@Joey Does hiding the non-stock items using CSS work in eCom Omni-Channel / Voila Theme as well? Can't seem to get it to stick. I imagine the class name for non-stocked variants might be different?

The method mentioned above replaces the original variant picker (regardless of Omni) and allows you to create your own.

If you want to modify the Voila theme you will need to find out if it shows a class when it is out of stock and then target that class.

Feel free to post the code you are working on or link to the specific page so we can have a look.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • MarkMark Posts: 35Member ✭

We've had some custom work done by @Shopmonkey - They've done an amazing job. All matrices do show the out of stock items, but now they can't be clicked and are grey. Very good for our lingerie section with sizes and toys with different colours.

One downside: Their solution didn't work for items that have 2 variants. Like Colour AND Size for one productpage.

It cost a small amount of money to have this implemented by them, but it works like a charm