Offline Payments

PdelacruzPdelacruz Member Posts: 3
edited January 18 in Feedback

What is the protocol when Lightspeed payments goes down?

Post edited by VD_LS on

3 comments

• dhicksdhicks Member Posts: 28

Great question!!! We have had 2 such events...although they were not down very long, I will give the payment team some credit it has been far and few between and when it did happen we were back up in a fairly reasonable amount of time...yet, it was VERY painful and we had sales to process and we had lost sales because we couldn't take their money...there should be a way to still process this card transaction data...and as soon as the system is back up all the data collected is pushed through...with the understanding that it is possible that during that time that there is no way to verify that the card isn't declined for whatever reason...but that is a very small risk in the short amount of time that the system may be down...I know that this happens at Walmart they process card data offline somehow and then as soon as they are back up all that data is pushed out...and could work similar to how a chargeback would...in case of a declined card. I think it would be worth the risk...the customer wouldn't know it is down and the risk of fraud would be mitigated since no one would even know the system was down...

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 53

@Pdelacruz the only protocol that I can see is that we are Out Of Luck, and from the lack of a Lightspeed response here, that is obviously their "answer" as well.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 788 moderator

Hi there,

For the time being, if Lightspeed Payments is inaccessible, the payment terminals would not be able to accept payments.

I've moved this request to our feedback forum so it can be considered as a feature enhancent.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)