Create a Work Order from a Sale

shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 55 ✭

Has anyone found a way to create a Work Order from a Retail Sale? We often sell items that need to be put on a work order after the sale is completed. An example would be a customer that purchases a bike along with a new seat, water bottle cage and new dropper post.

The sale is made, now the bike and items go to the shop to be put together. It would make sense that the items from the sale could be selected and placed on a Work Order all at the same time (the time of sale), without having to scan them again.

Is this doable or am I missing something?

2 comments

• ummmimrobummmimrob Member Posts: 13 ✭

What we do is just put everything in a W/O to begin with, click on checkout (do NOT hit complete) and take a deposit for full amount in the sell screen. Even still I would like this option you are suggesting. What happens often is when I am ringing out a customer and then right as I have everything scanned into the sell screen they decide, "why don't I just pick this up next week!" Now I have to cancel the sale and redo it all in a W/O.

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 55 ✭

@ummmimrob so it doesn't sound like the Work Order/Sale process is very refined. As in they are two completely different processes and don't work together at all :(