Exchanges to Refunds

trailmarktrailmark Member Posts: 1

PLEASE READ THIS AND TELL ME IF YOU'VE FOUND A WORK AROUND AS THIS IS A MAJOR FLAW IN THE LIGHTSPEED SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

When a customer purchases an item (lets say for $100.00) and then exchanges for an item for (lets say $150.00) and then subsequently returns the exchanged item, the LightspeedPOS and Lightspeed Payment system only allows a refund of the up charged amount (in this instance $50.00). How ridiculous is it that we are unable to refund the customer the entire sale amount?

We've contacted Lightspeeed and their recommendation was to create a "miscellaneous sale" to perform a refund (which by the way has to be processed via the "old interface" on an iPad as you cannot perform this type of transaction from the current "new interface". When I attempt to perform a "miscellaneous sale" for a negative balance and use the "refund to a different card" option we get a pop up that says:

"Unable to refund using another card"

"Your payment gateway does not allow this type of refund"

Lightspeed also offered us the solution of cutting a check to the customer or issuing a cash refund (which is not how our company operates).

I hope the developers at Lightspeed read this message and create a new way of performing this type of transaction as it is a MAJOR flaw in the system and is really hanging us retailers out to dry which in turn leaves our valued customers out to dry.

1 comment