Payments accepted directly on the website

rylanrylan Member Posts: 2
edited January 18 in Feedback

I'll preface this discussion with a general statement: Lightspeed's functionality and service(s) have degraded immensely in the year I've used it.

From clueless support agents to zero ability for customization - it's like Lightspeed expects its customer base to follow a structure designed by Lightspeed's own ill-informed interpretation of how a business should be run.

I've lost an unimaginable amount of customers after switching to Lightspeed's e-Commerce program, and I think that the level of support provided to rectify it is appalling.

In regards to payments, I want PayPal. Stop trying to sell me on a partner program when PayPal is among the most trusted in the world. Earlier in the year I was invited to take part in the Braintree payment gateway, and the dedicated developer at PayPal couldn't even get in contact with a Lightspeed developer. Zero response. Why do paying customers of Lightspeed not receive the simple ability to speak to a developer? Instead, the alternative is support agents who are taught to copy and paste the same jargon with no alternative.

I need PayPal to work. I do not want my paying customers transferred off the site. It confuses them, and in turn we lose a sale. It shouldn't take brain power to buy something online.

How do I get Payflow set up so I can have PayPal processing my customer's payments WITHOUT leaving our website?

Post edited by VD_LS on

1 comment

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hi Rylan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I understand wanting to get this integrated into retail to allow for a smoother payment-taking workflow.

For the time being, Lightspeed can integrate utilizing one of many payment gateways, however paypal is currently considered a non-integrated payment.

You could consider creating a custom menu button by going to Settings -> custom Menus -> Register:Sales Tab and creating a button with the behaviour type : Open Web Page, however this will, as you mentioned, leave the Lightspeed page to open this web address.

Another option would be to open a new tab while in the sale and saving the Paypal link as a bookmark for easy-acces.

I've also moved this thread to our Feedback forum for it to be considered as a requested feature enhancement. 

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)