Search the eCom API for brand by url, or product by sku

randycillekensrandycillekens Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I am using the WebshopappApiClient which is realy great.

I trief something like

$brand = $api->brands->get(null, ['url' => 'test123']);

I expect brand to be filled with the brand which had the url 'test123'. But in stead it is returning a whole set of all brands. (first page)

I have looked into the code of the WebshopappApiClient code which is calling a url which looks like

@api.webshopapp.com/nl/brands.json?url=test123

How do I search for specific attributes of brands, products, customers etc.

5 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 975 moderator

Hi @randycillekens,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, this won't work for the product fields. The params you can fill in there is listed here:

I hope this helps.

• randycillekensrandycillekens Member Posts: 4

So @LucienVersendaal , if I understand this correctly it is best for me to keep a shadow database with all the brands and their Lightspeed ID and all product Lightspeed ID's including the fields I would like to search on?

So when creating a product throught the API, and I need the Lightspeed Brand ID, I first search in my own shadow database for the Lightspeed ID before inserting this product?

I also need a shadow database for some parts of the products? When I want to update a product, I first need to search this shadow database for the Lightspeed Product ID before I can update it?

Sounds a little odd / oldschool to do it this way, right?

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 975 moderator

Hi @randycillekens,

You can work with webhooks, so when a product is created, the webhook is triggered. You can save this product information from the webhook in your DB.

• randycillekensrandycillekens Member Posts: 4

Hi Lucien,

Thanks for your quick response. I allready started creating a small shadow database. This makes me also a little bit more in control for new imports and the quality of the import before sending it to Lightspeed.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Randy

Hi Randy,

For sure, a shadow DB makes you more in control, now you can match the data with your DB and what is in Lightspeed via API or Webhook.

Good luck.