Writing to endpoints blocked by Omnichannel

VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 131 

I was struggling with this issue again and want to pop it to the top since it has been a while since I have seen traffic.

Can we get a better solution to writing to eCom API for endpoints that are blocked for Omnichannel customers? I am trying to update Product description, long description and other data (tags, template fields, etc.) on eCom.

I can only update description and long description using the Retail endpoint before I publish the item to eCom. Once it is published updates don't work unless you disable publish to eCom and then re-enable - correct? But repeatedly enabling and disable is bad isn't it? There is that big warning message in the UI that "All item information entered in eCom will be deleted" and "This action is destructive and can not be undone." So I have assumed this is a bad thing? Or is it OK to disable the item in eCom, then update the Retail Item endpoint with description info, and re-enable?

But that still leaves me with no way (other that the spreadsheet upload) to get to any of the other fields that normally would be available in the eCom endpoints.

Is there any way we can get some development love in this area? I wouldn't mind using the Retail endpoints if I could get to everything and wasn't worried about creating data issues. Some days I would feel better moving the eCom to BigCommerce so at least I could get at the data.

1 comment

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 131 

@Lightspeed - is it OK to disable the item in eCom, then update the Retail Item endpoint with description info, and re-enable? And do that repeatedly? I don't know if that is breaking some connection.