Genius terminals lost tap functionality today

klitzklitz Member Posts: 7

Just checking to see if anyone else is having to turn away customers because of this. TSYS support says it's all of these terminals and it could be a couple of months before they are updated to new Visa/Mastercard security standards which would allow them to take Apple and Goggle pay again. Our store is at a college and students are not happy since so many only carry their phones around campus.

7 comments

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 55 ✭

Our Genius terminals are still working fine for contactless payments. TSYS updated them to their v2 software back in September to resolve a Mastercard compliance issue.

• boviobovio Member Posts: 36 ✭

We spoke with Genius yesterday and they told us it is going to take a year to get back up and running with Apple Pay. That's no good for us as an Apple Authorized Service Provider, as many of our customers use Apple Pay exclusively. Looks like we're going to have to find a new system.

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 55 ✭

I just talked to Genius support to find out if we're going to be affected by this. They said we won't because our terminals have been updated to the new software. I'd call them back and demand to be updated ASAP.

• DaniBPitayaDaniBPitaya Member Posts: 5

We're having the same issue, but no one can tell me when they will be updated... I'm guessing it's going to be awhile because they told me that even new terminals don't have the correct software on them. Looks like we'll be switching...

• newedgekatynewedgekaty Member Posts: 6

We are also facing the same issue. We are losing customers.

• newedgekatynewedgekaty Member Posts: 6
  • stndrdstndrd Member Posts: 4

Did anyone get any updates on this? I put in a support ticket to get upgraded but nothing. New processors suggestions?