Bulk Item Reprice

ABergner730ABergner730 Member Posts: 3

Hello!

We are doing a large repricing of a lot of our items in LS. I've seen in a couple of forums that you can export current inventory and import an updated inventory with new pricing? I can't seem to find a video or description on HOW to do this other than starting over. Is there a way to basically change the price of many SKUs in LS without having to do it manually? Thanks for any help!

3 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator
    edited March 23

Hey @ABergner730

Here's a step by step guide on updating the pricing of items within retail using the import tool.

Start by exporting your existing inventory by going to Inventory -> Item search -> Export

Start by removing all irrelevant columns and keeping the System ID, Description and Price. Since the system ID is a unique identifier, the description will be removed before exporting to ensure no errors occur.

Update the prices according to the description

When done, delete the description, keeping only the System ID and Price. It will look like this:

Export your file to CSV or CSV UTF-8 and locate the Import tool section in the Inventory tab and click +New Import

Drag and drop the file into the import section and ensure that the Map Column section is populated with the store's selected Pricing level (Default would be called Default - Price or NameofPricingLevel - Price)

Click the green Review import button once done:

If any adjusting is required, you'll be prompted to download an error report so you can view what caused the blockage and a recommended fix to ensure a successful import.

When successfully reviewed, the tool will display how many items were updated or created in the process.

Finally, click the green Import Items button to trigger the import of the data.

Once successful, this page will appear and you are free to review your changes by going back to inventory > item search

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• ABergner730ABergner730 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 23

Hi @VD_LS Thanks for the detailed step by step! I do not have an Import Items button...is that something I will only see when I'm ready to import or is it a permission that needs to be granted to me? Here is a screenshot.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey Andrea,

It is most likely due to permissions.

To access this function, you'll need to ensure your employee profile has a role that includes the Inventory-Import images and items section. (screenshot is from a demo account)

If you cannot access the Settings -> Employee Roles section, you may need to lock the account and use a PIN with higher access to make the necessary changes. (if you use PIN numbers), or simply log out and log in with an employee profile that has the proper permissions.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)