Gift Cards

TristaTrista Member Posts: 2

I have recently activated the LS gift cards on our website and I am astounded at how basic they are. A few simple coding changes are all that is needed to make these function relatively well but it seems LS has no interest in putting forth a little effort. I am to the point where I am about to just turn them off. It is ridiculous that I have to follow a gift card purchase up with an email to the recipient explaining who the gift card is from and another to the purchaser explaining that we have sent an email to the recipient explaining who the gift card was from. My points here are not new, I have seen every point I am making multiple times here in this community with no response from LS. But I will list out the problems again.

1- There needs to be a section where the purchaser can enter who the gift card is from.

2- There needs to be a section where the purchaser can enter a message.

3- There needs to be a delayed date and time for the gift card to be sent.

4- There needs to be a few blocks in the setup where we can upload our own images.

That's it. As it is now, the recipient receives an email with the gift card and has no idea who it is from, actually the email states in the subject heading that it is from us....another problem.

These are not difficult changes to make but it seems that LS has a really big problem with implementing small simple changes that make a lot of sense to the end user, your development team should try talking with some of us, we know what works and what doesn't.

It is my hope that someone from LS can reply to this with a concrete solution, not the typical "we will send a request".

And, by the way, all those lovely emails you send out asking if I would recommend LS, the answer is no and this is why. And this is coming from someone who has been with LS since 2011, I am honestly at my wits end.

2 comments

• loriprenticeloriprentice Member Posts: 2

These items would be awesome to add to the Gift Card process:

1- There needs to be a section where the purchaser can enter who the gift card is from.

2- There needs to be a section where the purchaser can enter a message.

3- There needs to be a delayed date and time for the gift card to be sent.

4- There needs to be a few blocks in the setup where we can upload our own images.

• TechbarTechbar Member Posts: 1

I am finding the same issues with the gift card process & would like to see the following changes:

1. A time & date delay in sending the gift card eg: so it can be a surprise to the recipient
    2. A field for the sender to add who the gift card is coming from (this should be standard)
    3. A field for the sender to add a personal message to the recipient
    4. An option to add your own design for the image on the gift card

Thank you