Gift Cards failing

alanlloydalanlloyd Member Posts: 74 ✭

Here is the transcript of today's problem de jure (a little French there for our friends in Montreal):

Chat started on 27 May 2022, 07:02 PM (GMT+0)

(07:02:44)*** Alan Lloyd joined the chat ***(07:02:44)Alan Lloyd

Account ID: xxxxx

We have had several problems trying to redeem gift cards lately. This is a screen-shot of today's error:

(07:03:02)Alan Lloyd

Visitor uploaded: gift-card-problem.JPG

URL: https://retail-support.zendesk.com/attachments/token/gxZgrFeXn21rgg7m96sE3sVTY/?name=gift-card-problem.JPG

Type: image/jpeg

Size: 43698

(07:03:32)*** Vincent C joined the chat ***(07:03:51)Vincent C

Hi good day! My name is Vincent from Lightspeed Retail Chat Support

(07:03:59)Vincent C

One moment while I open the account

(07:08:42)Vincent C

The Error has already been reported to our Development Team and they are already working on a fix. I will tag your account on the ticket so that once the fix has been released you will be notified. 

Can you please provide me your Active email address and phone number

(07:09:59)Alan Lloyd

I did that at the start of the chat . . . .but here I'll do it again . . . xxxxxxxxxxxx

(07:10:05)Alan Lloyd

xxxxxxxxxxxx

(07:10:32)Alan Lloyd

Is this a widespread problem, or is it just me?

(07:10:49)Vincent C

multiple users are affected

(07:11:26)Vincent C

THank you for the infomation. I will let you know as soon as the fix is released

(07:11:27)Alan Lloyd

So, why isn't this reported on the Lightspeed Status page? Why is there nothing about this on any of your forums? No communication about this for users to see?

(07:11:55)Vincent C

Its not disabling the payment system and POS is operational

(07:12:17)Alan Lloyd

But it's not operational for everyone with regard to gift cards.

(07:12:30)Vincent C

I undersand

(07:12:38)Vincent C

but other payment methods are still working

(07:12:45)Alan Lloyd

And . . . gift cards are part of the payment system, no?

(07:12:52)Vincent C

It is

(07:13:11)Vincent C

Thats why the development team is working on it

(07:13:44)Alan Lloyd

Okay -- thanks for your help. I'm going to post the transcript of this chat on the Lightspeed Community Board page so that other users having this same problem will at least know about it . . . .assuming they look there.

(07:13:52)Alan Lloyd

Good Day.

(07:14:07)*** Alan Lloyd left the chat ***

5 comments

• alanlloydalanlloyd Member Posts: 74 ✭

I had another gift card fail today. Lightspeed -- FIX THIS!

• JFlattJFlatt Member Posts: 1

We are having the same issue. Over the past two weeks, we have had at least 12 gift cards that have not been able to be redeemed. Unfortunately, I've received the same response from LS: 'we are aware of the issue and are working on it.' We have 1,556 active gift cards--does not leave me with much confidence...

• dustinbdustinb Member Posts: 7

We have been having this issue for months and have $1,000+ in cards that we are just waiting to clear. I wish this was more of a priority as it affects payments and the customer experience.

Everytime I ask, I also get the same response, known issue. Yet nothing ever seems to be done to fix it.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 906 

There is a local vape shop franchise I frequent. The other day I noticed they just moved their stores over to Lightspeed Retail. I had to ask the cashier what their thoughts were so far. Since they just recently cutover not too much feedback. At least they don't transact gift cards.

• efrickleefrickle Member Posts: 10

Did you know that LS retail will double the amount put on a gift card if you sell more than one at the same price in one transaction? It doesn't charge double, just gives your money away. I called and it has been a known issue since April. Maybe it is time LS starts listening to their existing customers instead of buying up other point of sale companies.