How to tag your eCom products in Facebook and Instagram
Note: This how-to article is provided as is and Lightspeed does not offer support on its functionality or setup. We recommend contacting a Facebook marketer or SEO specialist for further help with this setup, or ask questions in the community.
Alternative: you can install the Channable app if the feed setup isn't providing the solution you require.
Setup Lightspeed eCom
If you have more then 500 products you need to paginate the feeds, thus add one feed per 500 products:
- Facebook Business page
- Facebook Business Manager
After signing up for Facebook Business Manager you'll be able to create a catalog.
Click on the shortcut Menu (Step 1) and click Catalog Manager (Step 2)
Click Create New Catalog
In the popup choose the following:
- Select Upload Product Info
- Select your Business page
- Enter the name of your catalog
- Click Create
Click View Catalog
- Once the catalog is created, we want to add products to it
- Click on Product Data Sources
- Select Use Data Feeds
- Click Next
- On the next page select "Set Automatic File Upload Schedule"
This will open your feed settings:
- Optionally enter a feed name
- Make sure the correct currency is selected
- Confirm that "Set Automatic File Upload Schedule" is selected
- Enter the feed URL (the one you got from Lightspeed eCom earlier)
- Start Upload
- Once done click Use Cases
- Under Facebook Page Shop select Connect Page
- Upload an image and add a description
- When hovering over the thumbnail you will see the option to Tag Products
- A popup will open and you can click spots on the image and tag the products in the image
- Repeat these steps and save when done
- Publish the post
That's it! You now have a great post that promotes your shops products!
Tagging with Instagram
- Mobile Device
- Shop Instagram account
- Logged in on a mobile device and into shops Instagram account
- You will need to convert your Instagram account into a business page.
To convert your page navigate to Profile -> Settings -> Switch to Business Profile and fill out the necessary information.
- Instagram needs to approve your shop; only then can you continue to the next step. Approval from Instagram can take several days or even weeks.
You will know your shop has been approved when a Shopping tab appears within your settings. Instagram will also send you a notification.
If you have any questions or concerns, please refer to the Instagram FAQ
- Once approved, you can read this article on how to tag products in Instagram.
Fixing ErrorsYou might notice that not all products are available for tagging. Facebook will show the products that have issues like missing Descriptions, UPC codes, Brand, etc.
Click the Diagnostics tab and basically scroll through the page. The errors are very self explanatory.
I hope this helps you promote your shop better on Facebook and Instagram. Please let me know if you have any questions, additions, tips or tricks in the comments below!