How to tag your eCom products in Facebook and Instagram
Note: This how-to article is provided as is and Lightspeed does not offer support on its functionality or setup. We recommend contacting a Facebook marketer or SEO specialist for further help with this setup, or ask questions in the community.
Setup Lightspeed eCom
- Login to your eCom back office
- Navigate to Settings -> Feeds -> Go to Custom Feeds
- Copy the URL next to "Facebook for Business"
- Facebook Business page
- Facebook Business Manager
After signing up for Facebook Business Manager you'll be able to add your business page.
Click on Add Page (Step 1) and, again, click Add Page (Step 2)
- Then add your page by searching the name of your shop
Add a new product catalog in Business Manager, open Business Manager Settings.
Click the Menu Icon in the top left and go to Catalogs
Click Create New Catalog
Choose eCommerce from the list of catalog types
Enter the name of your catalog
Click View Catalog
- Click Add Products
This will open your Catalog Manager:
- Choose "Scheduled Upload"
- Set a preferred schedule
- Enter the feed URL (the one you got from Lightspeed eCom earlier)
- Start Upload
- Once done click View Products
You can now tag these products in Facebook!
- Upload an image and add a description
- When hovering over the thumbnail you will see the option to Tag Products
- A popup will open and you can click spots on the image and tag the products in the image
- Repeat these steps and save when done
- Publish the post
That's it! You now have a great post that promotes your shops products!
Tagging with Instagram
- Mobile Device
- Shop Instagram account
- Logged in on a mobile device and into shops Instagram account
- You will need to convert your Instagram account into a business page.
To convert your page navigate to Profile -> Settings -> Switch to Business Profile and fill out the necessary information.
- Instagram needs to approve your shop; only then can you continue to the next step. Approval from Instagram can take several days or even weeks.
You will know your shop has been approved when a Shopping tab appears within your settings. Instagram will also send you a notification.
If you have any questions or concerns, please refer to the Instagram FAQ
- Once approved, you can read this article on how to tag products in Instagram.
Fixing ErrorsYou might notice that not all products are available for tagging. Facebook will show the products that have issues like missing Descriptions, UPC codes, Brand, etc.
Click the Diagnostics tab and basically scroll through the page. The errors are very self explanatory.
I hope this helps you promote your shop better on Facebook and Instagram. Please let me know if you have any questions, additions, tips or tricks in the comments below!