Removal of sorting ability by price or inventory - Why is it gone?

kbeckwithkbeckwith Member Posts: 2

We use this ALL the time. The fact that is has been removed is a major problem in my book. Lightspeed claims it's due to performance issues, but that can't be the case, it's been capable of doing this for years.

<1

40 comments

• WanderingDragonWanderingDragon Member Posts: 3

Commenting to share the same frustrations. We use this ability all day long and to have it gone is hampering our operations. This is not okay.

• ummmimrobummmimrob Member Posts: 13 ✭

🙋‍♂️ I also use this daily! Please fix soon...

• FerlyAGFerlyAG Member Posts: 2

Earlier this week, there was a pop-up message which mentioned that the ability to sort by price and quantity were no longer available due to some technical issue. The pop-up message provided other functions through which we'd be able to sort by price and quantity, but I don't recall what the suggestions were. I do remember that the pop-up message stated that LightSpeed was working on restoring the functions as quickly as possible.

Can anyone from LightSpeed tech please post the original pop-up message? TIA!!

• billhbillh Member Posts: 1

We need this!! Our cashiers use this daily to identify items that have not scanned properly. Without this sorting capability they have to sell items as miscellaneous and then someone else has to research the sale to properly categorize it. Replace this function ASAP!!!

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 141 

:D

:D

Ahh Lightspeed you've done it again....

Can we have an answer on when this might be fixed?

• Laura6293Laura6293 Member Posts: 6

Can we please get an update as to when you expect to have these issues sorted out? We use these functions daily and it is extremely inconvenient and less efficient to work without them.

Please give us an update... Thank you

• playthingsaplentyplaythingsaplenty Member Posts: 3

Sometimes we MUST sort by price to find unbarcoded items. PLEASE fix this! And we need to be able to sort by QTY in order to reorder and restock what is out of stock from the stockroom.

• tpbolatpbola Member Posts: 20 ✭

@FerlyAG There are a couple options including exporting to excel, using the Quick Edit tab, or an Asset Report. Each inconvenient for different reasons but they might help you.

• tpbolatpbola Member Posts: 20 ✭

I didn't realize this was intentionally removed. See attached Release Note

• PinHillsPinHills Member Posts: 1

We also would use this every single day, multiple times a day. Has made our jobs 10x harder. PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK! And next time consult with your customers before making a huge change like that Lightspeed. Thanks.

• WillWill Member Posts: 2

Adding our frustration to this change of feature use. We use both sorting functions regularly to identify inventory problems and aid with search functions. PLEASE bring it back

• ch_baucomch_baucom Member Posts: 10

This is not the only discussion thread regarding this issue. Please bring back this feature.

• CraniologieCraniologie Member Posts: 1

Please please please bring back this feature!

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 901 

If the reason why this functionality was removed was due to performance issues, then I would be surprised if the development hours will be spent fixing the issue versus just removing the function.

Figure between Lightspeed R-series, Lightspeed golf, Lightspeed K-series, Lightspeed L-series, Lightspeed's acquisition of Vend, Lightspeed E-com, etc. I'm sure that development resources are spread thin. And judging by the lack of interaction on this site, other resources aren't allocated either.

• Laura6293Laura6293 Member Posts: 6

THIS FEATURE WAS EXTREMELY HELPFUL, CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE US ON WHEN THIS ISSUE WILL BE RESOLVED? WE ARE ALL PAYING CUSTOMERS AND I FEEL WERE NOT GETTING OUR MONEYS WORTH WITH THIS INCONVIENCE.

• jimpost1jimpost1 Member Posts: 3

I can not believe in the 15 days since this thread was started that nobody from lightspeed has responded! It certainly shows how much they care about their customers.

Jim

• missinglinksammissinglinksam Member Posts: 13

They disabled it intentionally?! This is a new low for Lightspeed. I'm sorry for everyone who is trapped with this absolute garbage company.

• PBTXPBTX Member Posts: 2

This is frustrating and add this to the slow communication to the credit card terminal we are all experiencing even after switching to Lightspeed payment with new terminal.

• Uncle_MiltonUncle_Milton Member Posts: 58 ✭

Bring back the sort.... Its necessary and basic functionality. Fix it NOW!

Does the lightspeed Dev team even exist??? I have been using the system for 2 years and have seen 0 improvements but lots of things going wrong or in this case, basic functionality being removed. Either the system is badly broken and the dev team is buried or the "dev team" doesnt exist.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 901 
    edited June 15

@Uncle_Milton I have to step up to refute this assertion. They did introduce the poorly-implemented new gift card feature...lol.

Likely they are spread too thin. If it was only the R-Series then that'd be one thing. But there are like a half dozen POS platforms under their expanding umbrella. Vend being the latest one...

And no response at all from LS....? on a post that has been near or at the top of the pile for over 2 weeks?

• Catherine_FleischerCatherine_Fleischer Member Posts: 4

We, too, use this all the time. We want it back... It is quite obvious there is a wide gap between knowledge of the dev team and practical experience in using the product.

• herbalaltherbalalt Member Posts: 5

Im sure its because you aren't using Firefox/Chrome

• JahLionJahLion Member Posts: 1

Classic Lightspeed. Changing important features without caring about its own customers.

• scottgscottg Member Posts: 1

New Lightspeed user... We just started using this system a few days ago and I stumbled across this problem almost immediately. Obviously this is a very important, basic feature and we would expect an answer on what the plan is to fix it...