Request to bring Lightspeed Onsite back!

MaheMahe Member Posts: 2

Greetings all,

After using Lightspeed onsite for 10 years, i am unable to digest the fact that it is not available anymore, the features and simple way to use, made it one of the best POS system.

Thought of starting this discussion to see how many would actually wish "Onsite" was available.

3 comments

• markhmarkh Member Posts: 3

Onsite is an impressive software system. We used it for about 10 years and I still maintain a server so we can access historical data.

The Onsite architects and designers really seemed to have the retail environment well figured out. They knew what they were doing. And I truly believe they tested their product. Testing and configuration control are basic tenets of software development which now seem lacking. I'm speaking from 30+ years of software development experience at a major aerospace company.

I appreciate the fact that LS Retail is cloud based, and I no longer have to maintain the system as carefully. There are some things it does better, but many features are not up to the level of quality of Onsite. Reports and labels to name a few.

I would be more than happy to use Onsite again if it became cloud-based and if it had a client which could tolerate network outages. That would be a very robust system!

• herbalaltherbalalt Member Posts: 5

I would literally pay twice what we pay now to have onsite back.

• TcNurseryTcNursery Member Posts: 21 ✭

I agree 100%

I miss how easy OnSite was to use, less clicking.