LET CUSTOMER ENTER THEIR OWN PHONE NUMBER ON CFD

feelgoodshopllcfeelgoodshopllc Member Posts: 1

The title is pretty self explanatory: LET CUSTOMER ENTER THEIR OWN PHONE NUMBER ON CFD

Does this post need more explanation???

I have 2 tablets, the one the sales person uses and the one where the customer confirms their order and adds tip.

on the Customer Facing Display I need the customer to enter their own phone number so that we can eliminate the need for a third party loyalty program and stick with Lightspeed's.

Sincerely,

A concerned customer.

19 comments

• guzmandd11guzmandd11 Member Posts: 1

This is a good comment and i respect your comment

• amajors56amajors56 Member Posts: 1

Sounds like such a simple thing that could easily be implemented. Let's hope the powers at be see this, as I think letting a customer enter their number would be a big help!

• HarlesDarwinHarlesDarwin Member Posts: 1

Definitely self explanatory...this should be taken care of as soon as possible in my opinion. No reason why the customer shouldn't be able to if you want them to. It makes things much smoother.

• johnlee88johnlee88 Member Posts: 1

totally agree with you here and it seems like a pretty easy fix/implementation too. Would be very beneficial for small business owners for sure!

• GeorgeCuriousGeorgeCurious Member Posts: 1

Your ideas make a whole of a lot of sense. Truly, any small business could gain from from enabling their customers to enter their own phone on CFD, adds so much convenience and efficiency.

• tokententokenten Member Posts: 1

This idea can help a lot of small business get their in foot in the door.Thank you for the insight

• Diego2034Diego2034 Member Posts: 1

Very helpful information here bro, thank you for sharing this with us.

• leengasim4545leengasim4545 Member Posts: 1

I completely concur with you on this, and it appears to be a rather simple implementation/fix as well. Allowing customers to input their own phones on CFD increases the simplicity and efficiency that any small business might benefit from.

• todkotodko Member Posts: 1

That makes super sense to me! Plus it eliminates trying to understand a customer who maybe is more akin to a language other than English and having to repeatedly ask for the phone number.

• JDavis82JDavis82 Member Posts: 1

Seems like a good reason to me. Eliminate the need for so much technology

• weebmanweebman Member Posts: 1

this would help a business by allowing a person who knows their phone number very well to type their own number, causing a lower chance of a typo. that would save everyone the trouble

• HamptonHampton Member Posts: 72 ✭

@feelgoodshopllc - This is the main reason we do not have the CFD. This would be awesome if the customer could do Email/Phone number

• filip2004filip2004 Member Posts: 1

Let's hope the powers at be see this, as I think letting a customer enter their number would be a big help!

• davidbrown24648836davidbrown24648836 Member Posts: 1

It makes things much smoother.

• AldenAlden Member Posts: 1

I think this will save a small business allot of time and frustration with their phone service

• chyranchyran Member Posts: 1

I definitely think this is a good idea. It will streamline everything.

• marsh91marsh91 Member Posts: 1

seems good idea totally agree with and i think this would help small business too much.

• pdunnpdunn Member Posts: 1

I work in customer service and the less time and hassle it takes to verify information the better..

• desi00desi00 Member Posts: 7

This has been an issue for us as well and seems like it shouldn't be an afterthought. We did a workaround with this by adding a profile for customers to enter all their own information, so we log into that and have them fill it out. It would be so much more convenient if it was part of the customer facing display.