Feature Request: Hide Items

We often experience an issue with sales staff where they incorrectly ring up an item that is only available in another location. It would be very helpful if Lightspeed allowed us to hide inventory, so it doesn't pop up in the register to be rung up when it is not available. Even better, if there was an option to hide inventory from specific locations.

Right now, I am only able to hide an item from inventory if I archive it - which deletes all inventory at all locations. That is not a good solution for our needs.

As a UX designer myself, I am surprised by how flippant Lightspeed is with user feedback. You're getting feedback from your users all the time, for free, in this community but I never see responses or changes. There are a lot of pain points in your system that need to be addressed, and don't require expensive changes.

1 comment

• BEVVBEVV Member Posts: 27

I agree with your comment below - I have posted 7 "discussions" and wonder if anybody has even seen my discussions from 2022...I have 4 so far this year - no comments from Lightspeed.

"As a UX designer myself, I am surprised by how flippant Lightspeed is with user feedback. You're getting feedback from your users all the time, for free, in this community but I never see responses or changes. There are a lot of pain points in your system that need to be addressed, and don't require expensive changes."