Why do I have Quick Cash on my Reports?

Ruth_JRuth_J Member, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 5 Lightspeed
Quick Cash occurs when a user finalizes a receipt without first selecting the payment type (Cash, credit card, etc). Lightspeed classifies these transactions as Quick Cash.

If you do not want Quick Cash on your reports, you must turn on the setting Only Finalize When 0 under Devices > Restaurant App Settings in the Restaurant Manager.
https://resto-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/234749548-Device-Settings

Just be aware, that when you have this setting enabled, the Total Due on the receipt must always be 0.00 before you can finalize the receipt. This means that if the receipt total is 15.00, and the customer gives you 20.00 the total due on the receipt will be -5.00. It's negative because you owe the customer 5.00 in change. So you have to tap the Cash button once more, it will pre-populate with -5.00 and hit OK. Once the Total Due is 0.00 you will be able to finalize the receipt.

2 comments

• FaithFaith Member Posts: 1

This is really stupid. We have tried both options and they both have really negative cons to it. Can you not input a warning if quick cash is enabled when you hit finalize prior to hitting type? Or could you not have a way to show the change owed to the customers when quick cash is disabled with out having to hit an additional button?

• sonic_ruthsonic_ruth Lightspeed Staff Posts: 1 Lightspeed

Hi Faith,

Thanks for your feedback. Actually, the information in my post is a little bit out of date. Due to a recent update, it's no longer necessary to push the Cash button twice, even when you have Only Finalize When 0 enabled. Please contact Support and ask them to enable the New Payment Modal in your account. Once you have the new payment screen enabled, you will no longer need to hit Cash twice.

You still need to ensure that you have Only Finalize When 0 enabled to avoid having Quick Cash on your reports.

Don't hesitate to contact Support if you have any questions:

866-932-1801. Select option 2 for Support and option 4 for Restaurant Support

[email protected]