Automation of exports/reporting?

markguertinmarkguertin Posts: 43Member
Working with our accounting folks here to try and streamline their process a bit.  Due to the volume of some of the reports they inform me that they have to run them in smaller batches and they can take many hours to complete ... 

Is there any kind of way to automate/script exports and/or reporting?  I looked into a programming solution for their needs but quite a bit of the data that they need is not exposed to the API so hoping that there might be some way for me to automate some of this so that it can happen overnight and/or not be so "hands on" for them.

Also worth noting is that some of these exports seem to bring the servers to their knees and cause other issues for our retail locations, and I've been told that some reports can take up to 24 hours (!!!!) to complete.

4 comments

• LanSuPDXLanSuPDX Posts: 10Member
    You can purchase Lightspeed Analytics as an add on to automate reports but I would caution that it has been recently rolled out and still has many quirks.
  • markguertinmarkguertin Posts: 43Member
    Does it work with OnSite?  I'm not sure I want to introduce any more quirks into our workflows, we have a lot of them now that we have to work around!
    Hmm no one from LightSpeed has an answer for this one?
    Also worth noting is that if we could pull GL codes via the API then we could just do things all ourselves, but currently we cannot seem to get GL codes via the API at all so we're stuck with our servers grinding to a halt for up to 24 hours for some of these reports to grind out ...