Transfer Endpoint

jesse_dataclymerjesse_dataclymer Member Posts: 12
Hey y'all,

So Lightspeed's documentation says that the endpoint is deprecated, however, when executed, still runs perfectly fine. Is it truly deprecated and if so, what call should I be making instead?

Best,
Jesse

6 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator
    Hey @jesse_dataclymer the end-point can still be used but we would like to make developers aware that we have plans on deprecating it.

We therefore recommend new integrations to be built using the following endpoint which is called "Inventory Transfer"

You can read more about this here:

https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/endpoints/Inventory-Transfer/

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• jesse_dataclymerjesse_dataclymer Member Posts: 12
    Thanks @Adrian Samuel! Does this new integration include data from the deprecated Transfer endpoint or should I be pulling both to get the complete history?

There is no need to use the old endpoint, the new endpoint includes the data from the deprecated Transfer endpoint and some additional fields which could be useful :) In addition the response is simply structured differently 

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• jesse_dataclymerjesse_dataclymer Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2018
    Another question, same goes for TransferItem? TransferItem returns what I want, which is a list on all the individual items involved in every transfer but the new endpoint, Inventory TransferItem, only allows me to look up the items in a specific transfer. What should I do about this? Iterate through every transferid? @Adrian Samuel
    Post edited by jesse_dataclymer on
    @jesse_dataclymer That would be correct. You need to do a GET to find the Transfer IDs and then loop through the Transfer IDs returned and call each one individually.

The structure of how the data is returned in this instance is different and you need to get the specific ID to get the itemID and its relations.

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 663 
    edited August 2018
    I ran into this same challenge. It's a bit of overhead pulling all of this, but it works fine. Since query responses are paginated, it'd be more consistent if all endpoints offered the ability to get all records (allowing for optional query parameters) or get a specific record based on its ID. Since this is a newly-introduced API endpoint I'm a bit surprised of the quirk. But the bottom line is it works as described.