Introducing myself as requested

cargocargo Posts: 2Member
Hi, I have a bricks & mortar store in SW Florida using LS Onsite which is linked to my webstore with LS Ecom.
I have constant issues with onsite & Ecom and was advised that it might work better if I was to switch to LS Retail but I really don't like it, it feels like I've gone back in time. I'm thinking of looking into shopify as I really want to start marketing & growing my webstore.
I was hoping this community might help me with some of the issues I'm having.
Thanks Karen

4 comments

• gregaricangregarican Posts: 270Member 
    Our company uses Shopify and we are very pleased with it. We have an integration set between it and Lightspeed Retail. Once everything was mapped out and configured it's pretty smooth sailing. I'd recommend Shopify, especially since it has a lot of plug-ins and works well with a lot of third party web services. I find it odd that two Lightspeed services would have these issues, since they are under the same corporate umbrella!
  • JoeyJoey Posts: 168Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hi @karen

First of all welcome to the community!
    Secondly I am sorry to hear about your issues with eCom and I hope we can get all your questions answered. Feel free to ask any and all questions, preferably in the related categories, this way other people can see and learn from them. If needed we can always create a support ticket for you and someone in support can contact you.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • AbbasAbbas Posts: 44Member
    Speaking from 2 yrs on site / 1 yr retail/ecom experience I would recomend anything else over LS. Having said that a lot of it does come down to the range of inventory. I feel as though lightspeed has been created to cater for electronics / apparel and is best suited to simple userbility functions.

The lack of integrations and slow uptake of technologies leaves it struggling to compete with shopify / woo / magento / bigcommerce offerings.

Ls is really a plugin creator / theme designers wet dream and a retailers nightmare.
  • gregaricangregarican Posts: 270Member 
    @Abbas, I concur. We have run into quite a few significant gaps in functionality and usability. At least in terms of LS Retail. The patent response is developing a custom workaround. At this point we have dedicated at least two people (including myself) to customizing solutions via the LS Retail API. Which is a Godsend. Otherwise the base system itself wouldn't be viable. It sounds as if eCom has the same pitfalls. Less than tightly integrated between LS Retail and LS eCom. Which is puzzling.