Lightspeed Retail 2018.17 is now live!

laetitiabonaldolaetitiabonaldo Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 7 moderator
edited September 2018 in News & Announcements

Howdy Retailers!

Lightspeed Retail 2018.17 is now live!

Read our Release Notes to learn about what we've been working on.

Post edited by laetitiabonaldo on
Laetitia Bonaldo
Technical Writer
Lightspeed HQ

7 comments

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 331 
    Any updated release notes? Don't see any specifics listed as to bug fixes, enhancements, feature/functionality changes, etc.

https://www.lightspeedhq.com/release-notes/retail-pos/lightspeed-retail-2018-17/

Bumping this. So far no specific listing of what's new, what's fixed, etc. with this particular release. That I can see at least, unless I'm missing something...
  • shawndshawnd Member Posts: 2
    Another bump on this one. It would be nice to know some specifics. 
    The fact that this product is monolithic and cloud/web based means from the enduser perspective there's really no concept of a test environment. To preview new release features, introduce operational changes to our staff, perform regression testing, etc. So it would be nice to see a bit of advanced notice with any specifics. Much less being able to review these specifics after the release is already in place.

Similar to how it seems that TLS 1.0 was EOL'ed without much prior notice or fanfare (https://community.lightspeedhq.com/en/discussion/753/tls-1-0-end-of-life#latest). I could anticipate that at least, and was a bit ahead of the curve after working through the event with other web service providers. Nevertheless effective communication is important.
  • tpbolatpbola Member Posts: 9
    Last night was the 3rd update in a row with no specific release notes. I'll assume all 3 have no impact on the user but why am I assuming?

Agreed. 
  • AsakoLSAsakoLS Lightspeed Staff Posts: 7 Lightspeed
    Our release notes call out user-impacting features, both new features and bug fixes. In the case of this particular release, there were no user-impacting changes made available.

The development teams here are currently working on various features that are sufficiently large enough that they require multiple development sprints. The code is typically released behind a module flag, so that our users don't see incomplete features.

For Retail 2018.17, all of the new code is hiding behind a module to be communicated about and available at a future date.
    Asako Ide
    Product Manager II - Retail Inventory
    Lightspeed HQ