Bar Code Template Help

HI!  I am a very new light speed customer.  Does anyone have suggestions for how I can change up the look of how my bar code prints?  A very kind Lightspeed tech helped me get the bar code off the right side of the tag and onto the bottom, where I wanted it.  There are still a few issues.....The bar code is pixelated. That needs to be fixed.  I would love to have the description at the top, then the price in the middle. If I were to be very picky, I would want the price to read normal... not with the small caps for the cents.  

Any ideas on how I go about this, without paying the $200-$300 that I was quoted by the Lightspeed partner company?  For what I am paying per month, simple changes to a bar code should not cost that!

8 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 572 moderator
    @Amy Lemoine before I attempt to give a fuller response, I would like to first ask what size labels these are and what the name and model of the hardware is that you’re printing this from?

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• Amy LemoineAmy Lemoine Member Posts: 5
    Hi Adrian!  The labels are 1.25 x 1.0.  They are being printed with the zebra printed that came to me in by hardware bundle from lightspeed.
    @Amy Lemoine awesome! I suspect the “pixelation” is due to a setting on the physical piece of hardware. I suggest you send a ticket to our support team and they can investigate. 

I’ll answer your questions about the rest of the setup later. 

Adrian Samuel

Lightspeed HQ

The pixelation wasn't there before we moved the barcode from the side to the bottom....it was perfectly clear before.
    @Amy Lemoine Do you notice the pixelation on the web as well or only when it prints?

Also the change to the orientation of the template was made here:
    This:
    {% set small_barcode_horizontal = '0px' %}
    Was changed to this:

{% set small_barcode_horizontal = '-8px' %}

Could you change it back to "0px" on your label template and tell me if the pixelation goes. If it does then we know it's a template issue and not a hardware configuration one.

Adrian Samuel

Lightspeed HQ

I was on the phone with the tech as this was done... The pixelation occurred after the barcode was moved from the right hand side (it was vertical on the right side) to the bottom (horizontal orientation).  The -8 was used to try to get the bar code centered along the bottom, as it was appearing left justified at first after the move.

Hope this make sense.

Thank you so much for talking with me on this issue :)
    Not sure if this info helps, but the reason I had to call support today was because I could not get my Zebra printed to work on the store computer (iMac).  It worked perfectly on my Mac book yesterday...

The tech that I spoke with today said that I had to print using Firefox, as safari would not work.  Is this true?  If so, why was I able to print using safari yesterday on my Macbook? 

To fix the issue with my iMac (desktop) the tech changed some settings... and now a preview of the label pops up then I have to print from a new dialog box.  Yesterday, it took one less step to print....
    @Amy Lemoine I understand that you've spoken to our support team and decided to go a different route :)

Adrian Samuel

Lightspeed HQ