Delete Vendors?

Hello all. Is there any way to delete a Vendor? We have tons of vendors in our system that we've never had any product from. I don't know if it came loaded with those names or if someone imported "common retail vendors" or what. I can't find anywhere in the system to do it, and it slows sales staff down when they have to scroll through all those names on an iPad.

Thanks in advance 

3 comments

• gregaricangregarican Posts: 267Member 
    You can archive them, right?
  • JLC1990JLC1990 Posts: 22Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hey @KatieTH

So there is no direct "Delete" function within the Vendors, but you have two options to remove them from your system. Disabling or Merging. 

To disable a Vendor, simply uncheck the box to the left of them when you go to Inventory > Vendors. Then you will be able to filter them out of that list and you will no longer see them when it comes to browsing vendors in your drop down menu. 

The other option would be a merge, this is commonly done in accounts that have a lot of vendors that need removing. For this, you can first select a vendor you do NOT need. Within that Vendor, you will be able to click on the Merge tab on the top left. From there, you can select and merge up to 100 at a time by selecting the ones you don't need and merging them at the end. This will compress them into one Vendor that can be hidden afterwards.  

I would like to warn you that merging can not be reversed or undone, so please take care should you chose this option. 

Should you need any assistance, you can contact Retail support at 866-932-1801 ("Support is Option 2" then "Retail is option 1")
    Cheers!,

Jordan L-C
    Lightspeed Retail Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • KatieTHKatieTH Posts: 2Member
    Thank you both. You can't actually archive them, though you can uncheck them so that they're disabled, as Jordan mentioned. I've been using the Merge function to clean up the list, though, and while it's not an idea solution, it works!