In-store Restock to the Sales Floor

tessatessa Member Posts: 1
I'm hoping someone out here has a retail shop similar to ours and can help me figure out a way to run restock reports throughout the day to get product from our backroom to the sales floor as often as we want.

I've already tried talking it out with Lightspeed Support and they say that they can't timestamp when items sell. This is problematic as we are used to running reports on our old system 2-3 times a day to ensure all sizes/items missing from the floor (and available in the backroom) are restocked to the sales floor. Essentially, what lightspeed is saying is we can't track items that have sold SINCE our 1st floor restock (say we restock at 2pm and 5pm) without seeing all items sold thus far that day.

We are a specialty clothing boutique and don't carry large quantities of many items, so often we only have one of each size on the sales floor and when its missing throughout the day, customers don't always ask if we have more. 

If someone has been able to find a workaround for this, it would be INCREDIBLY helpful as we prepare for our transition to Lightspeed for Retail.

Thank you so much,

-Tessa

4 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator
    Hey @tessa if Timestamp reporting on items sold is important it would need to built as a custom app with our API. 

Since our API endpoint "Sales" (https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/endpoints/Sale/) contain the relevant information, a developer create a time-stamp filter and you could engage with your inventory data that way

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• mattangermattanger Member Posts: 64 ✭
    Hi Tessa, I do custom development and I'm working on some reporting tools for Lightspeed. Sounds like I might be able to help you out. Feel free to email me at: m at mattanger dot com
  • Adam_KAdam_K Member Posts: 1
    We'd also find this really useful. We have some products stored off-site, and it'd be really useful to know if we need to pull product from there.
  • richjeffcorprichjeffcorp Member Posts: 1
    Hi Tessa,

there are are two ways you can do this:

1) set up a second shop called ‘storeroom’ which has all your store room stock. Set reorder points for all your shop floor stock. Use transfer tool to auto populate a list of items which have fallen below reorder point but have physical stock in your storeroom. Transfer the stock to ‘shop floor’. This will be an additional cost :( because you have to pay for the second store(storeroom).

2) use inventory counts: open a new inventory count and scan in all your store room items. When you sell an item that is in your storeroom count, a note will appear in orange to alert ‘inventory level changed’ you then go grab that item. You must then delete the item in the list and re-add it with the remaining amount. This is where it’s possible to make a mistake. But this solution is free!! If you add stock that is already in your count it will also alert you inventory has changed even tho it has increased. 

Option one you have to enter reorder points for every item which is time consuming. Option two you have to scan all your items into a list which is time consuming too. If your dealing with 3000+ items in store room go with option 1. For less than this go with 2.