Gift Cards

adlamoureuxadlamoureux Member Posts: 11
When I first got this system 2 years ago I was told accepting Gift Cards online was on the road map for development. Where are we at with this??? Hate having to have all kinds of silly workarounds for things that are widely accepted on other platforms.
Tags:

3 comments

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 193 moderator
    At this moment eCom does not yet have a gift card functionality as in Retail. One available workaround, although not ideal, is to create a discount code when a customer wants to place an order online. This way the customer would get the discount when placing an online order.
    You are not the first to request an Omni gift card solution and our product development team is aware of this request.
    At the moment more priority has been given to other matters and this functionality is not yet under development. Each quarter these priorities are determined and it may be that this is gradually added to the eCom platform.
    I will create a support ticket on your behalf and attach it to the feature request. The more people request a feature the higher the priority becomes.
    I hope this clarifies the situation.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • ckinmanckinman Partner Posts: 2 partner
    I can completely agree. Your story is my story. This is a feature that needs to be number 1!
  • AdVisionAdVision Member Posts: 3
    Hello @adlamoureux & @ckinman,

My name is Rayna and I am with AdVision eCommerce, a development company that works primarily on the eCom platform.  

We have developed a Gift Card application to work with eCom so your customers can pay online. https://advision-ecommerce.com/add-on-functionality

If you are interested in learning more, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at [email protected]