Tips in lightspeed retail: best practices and what works for you?

SussexwinesSussexwines Member Posts: 3

Hello community,

I manage IT at a mid-sized wine and spirits shop in midtown Manhattan, and we just switched to Lightspeed. Deliveries to private and corporate customers are a regular part of our business, and those deliveries include tips. Currently, we have it setup as a tax-exempt inventory item, but this causes problems when it comes to counting out the register at the end of the day and rectifying our tax-exempt transactions.

How does everyone process tips?

Best Answer

Answers

• SussexwinesSussexwines Member Posts: 3

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your response! Do you have any recommendations for integrations that could help us with this?

• RobertCRobertC Member Posts: 1

How do I add this as a request to the Lightspeed development team? We recently switched to Lightspeed and was told that we could process tips by using "Tip after Sale" whereby we could add it to the transaction after the sale and before the payment is batched. Now we are told this is not possible. Needless to say I have a lot of angry staff members who relied on tips in our retail area.

• HeatherHeather Administrator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 94 moderator

Hi @RobertC

Thanks for your feedback regarding tips in Lightspeed Retail. I've passed your comment along to our Product & Development team.

I've also reached out to our Customer Success team. Someone will contact you to check in.

Best,

Heather

Lightspeed
  • BrandiLeeBrandiLee Member Posts: 1

Has this issue been resoloved yet? How can I enter tips into the retail program? and run a report to pay out my employees Every 2 weeks. Many retail store accept tips now a days. This must be available?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 107 moderator

Hey @BrandiLee ,

The information was provided to our development team. We're often not made aware of what's on the roadmap until it's almost ready to launch, so it's tough for us to say when this will be officially implemented.

Things usually go by importance and their impacts on the software first and foremost (like fixes, updates etc). Feature enhancements usually can take a bit longer but we can assure you that it's been noted!

Thanks for your investment in making our POS software amazing!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)