Custom Purchase Order template Email Notes Field

deksdeks Member Posts: 2

I'm trying to customize the Purchase order template for Email (and print) and things are generally good - the Template boot camp helped.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to pull the Notes field when an PO is emailed. There's an attribute {{Order.Note.note}} that pulls the General Notes field. But, when you go to Email a PO, there's a Notes field (under the Subject line) that pre-populates with whatever is in the Order.Note.note, but you can override this to create a custom Note just for the email. But if I'm using a custom template, the custom Email notes field doesn't appear under the Notes on the emailed PO, it's just what's in Order.Note.note. This is even if I just take the default purchase_order.tpl in github.

If I don't have a custom PO template at all (nothing for PurchaseOrderReceipt), it shows the correct custom note in an email.

Is there any way to access this email note field? I don't see anything apparent in the basic PurchaseOrderReceipt json, just the Order.Note.note attribute.

2 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 570 moderator

Hey @deks,

Thank you for your question! The email field is not something Lightspeed defines as a part of the Order Template schema and thus is not something you can program to insert.

Retail takes in the dynamic text input and keeps the logs in the Advanced Setup - Event Logs section of retail but it is not added to the template

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ