Feature Request: Two-color Kitchen Printing

rcorthrcorth Member Posts: 3

My chef wants modifiers to print red and products to print black using our Star SP700 printer. I was told by support that this isn’t possible. I purchased a two-color kitchen printer through Lightspeed, which makes it extra surprising that this feature isn’t available. This should be standard. Thanks.

3 comments

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 42 moderator

Hello Rcorth,

Unfortunately the software used to communicate with the SP700 kitchen printers does not allow for printing in different colours so it is not possible to print in both black and red.

One thing that can be done is to adjust the fonts and font sizes on kitchen printer templates to make the modifiers stand out more. The modifiers use the Small Font.

The main reason for using ink dot-matrix printers in the kitchen is because thermal printers react poorly to ambient heat, making the tickets they produce harder to read in a hot environment.

Lightspeed Restaurant tech support

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599

• rcorthrcorth Member Posts: 3

I understand that Lightspeed doesn't allow two-color printing. However, the printer is designed to print in two colors. Please see images from Star's website. https://star-emea.com/products/sp700/

My request is that Lightspeed modify their software to take advantage of this feature inherent to the printer.

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 42 moderator

Hello Rcorth,

There is an open feature request for this and there has been for a long time. I will create a case for you and link it to this request so you will be notified should there be any developments on it.

Best regards,

Lightspeed Restaurant tech support

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599