Is it possible to add units sold and stock on hand by sales ID in Group Sales Totals Reports ?

HamptonHampton Member Posts: 24

Is it possible to add "units sold" and "stock on hand" by "sales ID" in Group Sales Totals?

In LSRetail there is a report called 'Grouped Sales Totals - Items' which shows units sold and stock on hand. For a business that sells many units an hour, I need a report that shows "units sold/returns" and "stock on hand" by "sales ID" so our back of house operations can continuously re-stock our sales floors inventory efficiently.

14 comments

• BeckaBecka Member Posts: 10

Following! We'd really like to have this feature too. If it just let us choose the columns we needed in reports we'd be all set.

Right now we are printing out 6 different reports to get all the info we used to get in one report.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 86 moderator

Hey @Hampton and @Becka !

Consider it noted, but we do offer an additional compatible software called Lightspeed Analytics which will allow you to build customized reports with excel table calculations so you can get the total units available based off of the sale/refunds rather than just the raw sales data (in the Grouped Sales Totals).

Currently the data gets pulled in and updated from Retail to Lightspeed Analytics every 2 hours, which could be useful for your continuously rolling business.

If you're interested in this, feel free to let your account manager know and they can offer you Demos to see if this is something that could be useful to your business!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• BeckaBecka Member Posts: 10

Thanks @VanessaD - we thought about that, but we don't really need all the extra reporting, just one "Crystal Report" type of thing that has all of the info we need. Basically just want to build one customized report. Who should I talk to about that?

• HamptonHampton Member Posts: 24

@VanessaD Thanks for your discussion.

Our business depends on this report in Q2 as we ramp up and require this info hourly for our operations teams.

A Two Hours synch window will affect our bottom line.

We need on demand reporting and I we were paying for this.

I look forward to on hearing a fix on this

RE: Analytics

We purchased Analytics already and have the report designed. Our disappointment is we discussed this report (sales id, units sold, and on hand inventory) with the analytics and sales teams at lightspeed before purchasing and were told we could run this daily and on demand, meaning one click and get the needed information.

Thank you so much for getting this information to the developers.

Best

Alex

Hey @Becka & @Hampton

If you're looking for 1 report with all these things, currently the basic reports of Lightspeed cannot be modified. I'd suggest you consult and use the help of a developer to create an API to pull the data you wish to see and pop it into a be-all-end-all report.

The only reports we have the ability to customize are in Analytics since you'll notice that the fields in the reports in Retail have fixed columns. So exporting multiple reports, creating a custom excel document and merging them in Excel is another option.

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

@VanessaD , It sounds like Lightspeed Analytics is an API... not additional advance reporting for a platform.

As a user I can understand why the basic reports not be modified.

• I would think that the development team would be able to implement this type of report (sales id, units sold, and on hand inventory)? Then sales team would be able to highlight it as a feature and benefit of the platform, which is what retailers need!!!

When we purchased Lightspeed Analytics for $XXX.00 a month we were told performance would be on demand, one click and we would get the information.

• How do we deal with the last two hours of the day if the synch is every two hours...

Hey @Hampton

It's a valid point! Customized workflows might need to be adhered (like doing the last 2 hours of the shift at the beginning of the next shift) to make sure your reporting is thoroughly calculated.

As far as real time options, you're already doing the best possible thing to get it implemented and we thank you wholeheartedly for making this request!

———

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

@vanessad

Thank you, I truly hope that this get implemented sooner than later with in Lightspeed Retail. I am always keen to seen shareholder value added to a company that is public.

I will reiterate that this report (sales id. description, units sold, units on hand) would be extremely helpful to a large group of retailers, pennies aside, the Retail industry is about turning product efficiently and that starts with day to day best practices on re-stocking your sales floor.

This is where many retails loose, as we all know using your eyes to stock shelves works 10% of the time, to be successful in retailer one needs current data driven reports to be successful.

Otherwise you lose - unfortunately the current landscape is 2 hours behind. Very disappointing news, we put trust in to the answers we recieved during boarding to Lightspeed Retail from Onsite.

Best,

Our Management is frustrated with the 2 hour lag and said it’s unacceptable im this day to get the report we need to operate as a business. This should be an easy fix.

Hey @Hampton !

Since this is more specific to your business, please call-in to our customer success team or technical support team so we can assign a ticket to your request. This will help us track these requests more thoroughly.

As much as I wish I could agree with you about it being easy coding a report in the base functions or lowering the analytics sync time, we've already made great headway in this within the last 1.5 years. The analytics platform went from syncing every 24 hours to 2 hours. It's quite a feat and we're always striving on limiting this time.

For more information please call in to support or customer success, as I've mentioned, as this allows our development team to easily acknowledge these requests.

———

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

@VanessaD how do I call into customer success?

Hey @Hampton

You can call in to the main 1-866-932-1801 number and one of the options will be for our Customer Success team!

———

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

@VanessaD there are only three options for existing customers 1 sales

2 support

3 Billing

Am I missing something?