502 - Bad Gateway Error

gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 906 

I have a daily routine that pulls Lightspeed Retail sales, refunds, returns, transfers, items, etc. Around 5 AM ET today the routine failed. The exception is listed below.

Although I don't recall seeing any subscribed status alert e-mail around this time, there must have been an issue today, right?

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 502 (Bad Gateway).

7 comments

• LeahLeah Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 220 moderator

Hi @gregarican, could you PM me the Account ID and the request you sent that failed? There was no outage at that time that we are aware of, so I'll have a look at our logs.

API Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 906 

Sent that info just now. Nothing fancy in terms of the API request. Just pulling all items, by using offsets to paginate. Been running the exact same API requests daily for almost 2 years now.

GET /API/Account/{accountID}/Item.json

@Leah I PM'ed you the info. Didn't hear back yet. Please let me know as a slight post-mortem. The scheduled data pull takes roughly 2 hours to complete so a missed run can introduce a few wrinkles. Thanks!

I checked the logs and don't see anything abnormal, but we can take a deeper look. I'm going to send the info along to our SRE team to see if they can identify what happened. Do you have a timestamp for the error by any chance?

API Support
    Lightspeed HQ

I would say 2020-02-24 05:01:30 Eastern Time.

Hi @gregarican , I spoke with our SRE team and they were not able to find any notable events that would account for the error, but please do let us know if you encounter the issue again.

API Support
    Lightspeed HQ

It seems like a one-off, in that I don't run into it very often. If my codebase is the same and our Internet connection is fine, then it's just a glitch. Thanks for checking!