Authentication Issue

gareth_egareth_e Member Posts: 14

Hello!

I am having issues authenticating with the Lightspeed API. Here's the error message that appears after I enter my credentials in to the Lightspeed login page and hit enter.

{"error":"redirect_uri_mismatch","error_description":"The redirect URI provided is missing or does not match","error_uri":"http:\/\/tools.ietf.org\/html\/rfc6749#section-3.1.2"}

I've also attached a screenshot of all the information I have entered for the client.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gareth

4 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 344 moderator

Hi @gareth_e,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please make sure you don't use any Lightspeed reserved URLs, this means that you can't use any redirectURLs with the word "lightspeed" in it or any other URLs that are related to Lightspeed. Try to use htttps://localhost

• gareth_egareth_e Member Posts: 14

Hi @LucienVersendaal

I am not using a redirect url containing "lightspeed" in it. The only lightspeed URLs are the ones for authentication and tokens as shown in the picutre. the redirect url is the bubble.io url below the warning sign in the picture.

How would I go about fixing the issue?

Thanks,

Gareth

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 344 moderator

Hi @gareth_e,

Sorry I misread that one.

Can you explain to me what this screenshot is? Is this your application?

Can you provide me your clienID so I can check for you?

• gareth_egareth_e Member Posts: 14

Hi @LucienVersendaal Thank you for looking in to this for me. I am trying use read data from lightspeed in an app I would be making in bubble.io for my business. If you would like I can add you as a collaborator to my bubble.io app so that you can see what is happening? Would that help?

Thanks,

Gareth