Pricing History

Is there a way to see the history of pricing changes for an item?

8 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

Hi @Yossarian ,

You can view this by going into the item's history card and viewing the lines that note a change in cost was done and no quantity was modified. (example below)

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• YossarianYossarian Member Posts: 9

I'm looking for a history of price changes, not cost changes. Is there a log for that?

Hi @Yossarian ,

If the price change was done in a sale, the event log of that sale would include what was inputted as the final price. In the item card, if the price is changed there and then sold later on, no. Those logs are not kept in the software for the time being.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

• EricRileyEricRiley Member Posts: 21

I would definitely like to see price changes and the employee ID who made the price change as a logged part of the item record history.

Hey @EricRiley

Thanks for providing the feedback! I'll note it.

———

All the best!

Vanessa

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 37 ✭

I also support this request.

• LeeLee Member Posts: 1

This is very surprising. Wrong of me to update pricing in a couple of categories without realizing that there is no practical way to track changes.

I updated retail prices on a large number of items to reflect ongoing cost changes and to fix prior mistakes. I have to give my staff directions on what items to re tag for retail.

In this day and age we are receiving notification of price increases on multiple items almost every day. Many of these changes require us to update sales prices before we receive goods. Otherwise we are taking orders at old prices and filling orders at new costs. This situation is common in any time of inflation or of market disturbance. We are now in the 21st month of major market disturbance. To not have recognized and solved the tracking required in this situation is a major failing on the part of Lightspeed. Please fix this.

• SethMSethM Member Posts: 87 ✭

I too would like to request this feature.