Feature Suggestion: Buy X get Y.

h2obuffaloh2obuffalo Member Posts: 3
edited March 10 in Feedback

This was previously supported by a lot of Lightspeed customers on the previous Ideas page. I am submitting it here to bring this back and get it onto the development roadmap. I do not understand why this was originally not implemented. This is a standard feature of POS systems. I am sure other people have other use cases but below are some examples I would use.

Examples:

Buy 2 items get 1 free.

Buy 3 items get 4th one 50% off.

Buy 2 for $60, 3 for $90. Singles are $35

6 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 727 moderator

Hey @h2obuffalo ,

I've noted your request in our list of enhancements to add your name to the list of merchants interested in this feature.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• JhadleyJhadley Member Posts: 2

I too feel that this is an important feature. With today's competitive market, these types of pricing rules need to be available instead of the discount rules that can be used on anything. This needs to be item and/or category-specific. The Help Center's answer is to pull reports and see where the discount is being used, that is like check the gate after the horse is already loose. I hope this and many other features needed get some attention.

• LuckyDogKSLuckyDogKS Member Posts: 1

We often need a feature that is Buy this, Get that for free.

• VanessaDVanessaD Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 727 moderator

Hey @LuckyDogKS

There is a feature called Discount Rules that was launched earlier this year if you'd like to get more information you can consult the following articles.

Creating BOGO Discount rules

Creating Discount Rules

Creating Tiered Discount Rules

About Discount Rules

If you don't have the option, you can contact our support team and we can add it to your account.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• naturerepublicnaturerepublic Member Posts: 1

BOGO please add! This is an essential sales tactic promo these days!

• ngilsonngilson Member Posts: 50 ✭

I understand that LSR is working on this feature, but it has been pushed back repeatedly because it breaks other functions in the program. It would be really nice to see this actually implemented...