Room charge via external order app

frederickgietfrederickgiet Member Posts: 3

Good morning

We have a hotel who wants to use our order app (smartendr.be). They use lightspeed and stayntouch. Our app is connected to lightspeed via the lightspeed api.

Is it possible for us to get the rooms out of lightspeed and use room charge for orders place via our app?

Thanks in advance for your response.

5 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 878 moderator

Hi @frederickgiet,

Thank you for contacting us.

Since you have access to the API you can get the rooms using the Property Management System endpoint. Please check the API docs how this is expected.

• frederickgietfrederickgiet Member Posts: 3
    edited March 12

I found this documentation:...

I understand that this is for a PMS to use. We are not a PMS. We are an external order app that wants to push orders via lightspeed and use room charge as a payment method.

Post edited by LucienVersendaal on
  • LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 878 moderator

Hi @frederickgiet,

Please don't share any API doc links since this is a closed API and only available for partners.

That being said, you can check the available payments methods by calling this endpoint GET /rest/onlineordering/paymenttype

Will look like this in API:

I hope this helps.

• frederickgietfrederickgiet Member Posts: 3

we already found this one out, but we don't see how you pass the room number via the api.

Unfortunately this isn't possible because it is designed for manual input(POS) and not via API. You'll need to connect to the PMS directly(StayNTouch). The best way to do this is to contact them.

I hope this helps.