Credit Card Processor Password Change

KirstenKirsten Member Posts: 4

We use Lightspeed payments. How do we change the password for the credit card processor? Our current password has an exclamation point which makes entering the password time consuming.

4 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

Hey @Kirsten ,

When using Lightspeed Payments, there is no gateway for the credit card processor. All this information is accessible from within Retail.

If you'd like to change your password as the owner within Retail, you can go to Settings -> employee Setup and lick into the user you want to change, from there go to the sign-in tab and modify the password. Re-input the password a 2nd time and save the changes.

This should allow you to change the password used by that employee.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• KirstenKirsten Member Posts: 4

@VanessaD - I don't think this will solve our issue.

We occasionally need to restart our card terminal if it loses connection. Upon restarting, a password needs to be entered directly into the card terminal. Our current password for the terminal is 13 characters long and uses capital, lowercase, numbers, and punctuation so it takes a while to enter through a number keypad. I'd like to reset specifically the terminal password, not an employee password.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

Hey @Kirsten

Can you supply a screenshot of the screen the terminal is on when it asks for that password? It sounds like it may be the wifi password that the terminal is asking for, let me know if that sounds about right!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• KirstenKirsten Member Posts: 4

@VanessaD - Oh yep! That's most likely the password it's asking for. I will try changing that and let you know if that doesn't work. Thanks!