Please make image delete / replace option on CSV import

Hi,
when you handle your inventory by CSV imports, there is no way to replace existing images or delete images (in case there was a wrong image). Every time I do an import now, the images get added - no matter if an image exists already or not. In V1 there was an option to delete all existing images on import. This is missing in V2.

A perfect solution would be an extra column in the CSV with some kine of image handling commands.... something like 'replace', 'delete existing'.... and best would be 'compare' ;) some kind of comparrisson by filename / hash.

I know this can be done by API... but to be honest, I see this as a core import feature and it is not very convenient to do some extra API scripting for this task only.

5 comments

• jjasraijjasrai Member Posts: 1
    I second this request. Thank you!
  • pieterjanvcpieterjanvc Member Posts: 4

I'm still waiting for this feature as well :)

• vfactoryvfactory Member Posts: 2

We are new to the platform and in need of this feature also. There must be a way to address images in bulk.

thanks!

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 94 moderator

Hi @pieterjanvc & @vfactory ,

As of now, this feature is not available. Since we have an open feature request, I created a ticket and tagged those to the request.

However, there is no ETA as to when or if this will be implemented. I am only tagging this ticket to the requests for documentation purposes only.

As more merchants request these features, their priority will change as well as the chance of implementation.

Geanny