Tips for sorting Special Order items by Status/Date etc.

mcolbymcolby Member Posts: 1
edited August 18 in Feedback

Is there any way to make a default sorting option for viewing Special Order items by current status (ordered, not ordered, ready for pickup etc) and also by date (oldest to newest Special Order or vice versa)? We'd like to sort Special Order items by not ordered and by date so that we can easily see which products are needing to be ordering by how soon the order was placed with the customer.

Currently it seems the Special Order items are automatically sorted by Status ( not ordered, ordered, and ready) but the date range seems to be totally random. Sorting by status and vendor would also be handy as you could verify which products need ordering while creating an order by vendor as well.

Any tips on how to make this work? I don't see an option in the setting tab to choose a default sort..

Thanks!

Post edited by VanessaD on

2 comments

• VPC1VPC1 Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. Up until today, the special orders in our system were automatically sorted by date when sorted by Status.

We just started having this same issue where the special orders are all in random order within their Status type. It's pretty annoying, and the only work around I've found so far is to look at the Special Order Report, and sort by date added. The report doesn't give you nearly as much information as the Inventory Special Order list, but it's better than nothing.

I would love to hear any other recommendations, I'm pretty curious why the sorting style just switch on us all of the sudden.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Thank you so much for your feedback!

The ability to set up a default search option for both the date and the item/status when working with Special orders is currently not an option as you can only filter by the existing columns within the Special Order section (Default Vendor, Status, Customer & Item)

Since this is a great enhancement request, I've forwarded this thread to our Feedback forum.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)