Canadians - Has anyone figured out how to give credit like Onsite? ie. trade-in items, etc.

EdiEdi Member Posts: 2
edited August 18 in Feedback

We have been trying to use the credit accounts as gift cards have to be bought in a true transaction.

We are told there is no credit option, the Onsite system had it yet this one doesn't. I'm guessing we aren't the only retailer who gives store credit for product trade-ins.

New at this switch and probably a little overwhelmed with info but this is a super important issue for us.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Post edited by VanessaD on

Best Answer

• danmccloskey1danmccloskey1 Member Posts: 9
    Accepted Answer

Why you would create a retail POS with no trade in option baffles me.....

Here is what I have come up with. I created a Discount called Trade-In, and assess a value to it according to the item being traded. Then when I create a sale, add a customer, and apply the discount it deducts the trade value and does not tax the discount amount, it only the taxes the difference.

When I do the next trade it all I have to do is adjust the value of the discount.

Answers

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

I've moved this thread to our feedback forum so it can be considered as an enhancement request.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)