No way of seeing who created a product or when

KaiserKaiser Member Posts: 2

I've been advised by one of the help centre agents that there is no way to see who created an item, or when. I assumed that it would have been part of the "inventory change log" as creation of an item is a change, so I'm suprised to see that information isn't available.

17 comments

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 32 ✭

I'll second the benefit of being able to see the history of actions taken on an item or any other record. OnSite had the Log feature and it was very helpful. Would like to see this in LSR as well.

• DdMcgrueDdMcgrue Member Posts: 3

I'll third the benefit. It would be very helpful to train staff when you find an error that they made. I used it very often in OnSite.

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 39

Here's a similar thread from a few months ago: https://community.lightspeedhq.com/en/discussion/comment/17166#Comment_17166 Unsurprisingly nothing has been done about it.

It would be very useful to see a log of when changes were made to items and by whom. I'm not holding my breath though.

• Signet_WizardSignet_Wizard Member Posts: 4

I'll also add my voice to this feature; being able to track down who might need clarification on a process or which process simply needs to be explained differently if the same errors crops up with multiple users would be extremely useful

• K_GIBK_GIB Member Posts: 3

Agreed. This would be a very helpful feature to have.

• dkoleanb21dkoleanb21 Member Posts: 13

Agreed. It would be really helpful to have this information.

• Uncle_MiltonUncle_Milton Member Posts: 24

yup... piling on here too.... I need to know who created or modified items

• WaxTraxWaxTrax Member Posts: 6

Yep, also think this would be great. It would allow us to give feedback to our staff, and also provide a little bit better history. Was just missing this today on something I was chasing down.

• ALloydALloyd Member Posts: 20

I agree. An employee who creates an item and sets a price that is completely wrong can actually do MORE damage than an employee who screws-up a transaction . . . .yet I can see everything about transactions, but essentially nothing about product creation, pricing, etc. as far as who actually did it. I could require employees to put a specific tag on the product record, but that is a stupid unnecessary work-around that I shouldn't have to do. Not to mention, that they would "forget" to do it.

• feensctyfeenscty Member Posts: 8

Totally agree with this. Would help train an employee to do it correctly if we could trace it back. The "modified date" feature was a huge help in OnSite.

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 42

add me to the list of people that need this

• SethMSethM Member Posts: 55

+ 1 from me on this too. Please add this feature.

• AzTAzT Member Posts: 61 ✭

I would love to see this added also.

• CCFS_ZachCCFS_Zach Member Posts: 25

This would be a very useful feature. 👍

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 39

Apparently there's also no way to see who made changes to Employee Roles. 🙄👎️

• SamASamA Member Posts: 16

@VanessaD - do you have any information about this issue? is it in the dev roadmap?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @SamA

I understand wanting to get more information on this. For the time being, if it is with our development team, the information won't be trickled down to us until it is in public/Private Beta or ready to launch.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)