Report - Backordered items

BlueMountainMusicBlueMountainMusic Member Posts: 18
edited May 17 in Feedback

Hey there,

Trying to find a Report that simply lists all Backordered Items, much like the Reorder List, but for Items we've ordered and not yet received. This way we can see what items we are waiting on from a specific Vendor, or see what's coming from a specific Category. The only way I can see to do this now is to drill down in every PO with unreceived items for each Vendor... very time consuming.

If I've missed something, would love to be corrected! If not, would absolutely love to see this feature added to Inventory Reports.

Thanks!

Post edited by VanessaD on
Tags:

8 comments

• BlueMountainMusicBlueMountainMusic Member Posts: 18
    edited July 3

Hi again,

I see in another post someone mentioned an actual existing Backordered Items Report; I cannot find this report anywhere! Am I just not seeing it or has it been removed?

Edit: I just saw that post was actually for OnSite. Still hoping for a Backordered Items Report for Lightspeed Retail. Can anyone say if this is a feature request that has been submitted to the dev team? It would be incredibly helpful, particularly given the current delays across so any suppliers.

I also realized I posted this in Feedback instead of Inventory... apologies! Can a Mod possibly move this over? I don't want to double-post.

Thanks for any help!

Rob

Post edited by BlueMountainMusic on
  • VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @BlueMountainMusic

You can build a backorder report using custom table calculations in Lightspeed Analytics, meaning you'll need to be subscribed to that add-on for your Retail account.

If you are, you can consult this community post for further instructions!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• LarryKLarryK Member Posts: 3

I tried building my own report, it is not easy. This report must be able to be a quick look and accessed easily. Covid has changed the way we order (and how the manufacturers want us to order). We need this report NOW!!!!! Not another year of waiting........

As Larry mentioned, a backorder report should be a one-button click, like with the Re-order list. It's utterly basic, essential, and fundamental; there's no reason it should be in any kind of "Advanced" package.

Would love to see some progress on this. Very hard to understand why it would be intentionally witheld.

Thanks for any help!

Hi @VanessaD ,

I guess I didn't ask a question in my last post there, sorry about that!

Can I please get your thoughts on an actual Backordered Items List being added to the reports area?

Technically speaking there doesn't seem anything prohibitive to adding it in there.

Much as the Reorder List is a basic essential in there, the Backorder List (given the supply and ordering restrictions being placed on so many of your Retail customers) is an essential tool in this post-Lockdown / Shutdown era.

Thanks for your consideration and assistance!

Rob

Just bumping this to re-request as the lack of a Backordered Items report is a daily bottleneck for us.

Please pass this request along, and would love to hear any thoughts from the developers on implementing. Critical function for "new normal" retail.

Thanks!

Rob

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @BlueMountainMusic

I appreciate you having reached out.

For the time being, if this is being worked on, we're often not going to be made aware of it until its launch since the testing phases can take indeterminate periods of time. I have forwarded your request, however!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• SethMSethM Member Posts: 55

We would also like to see this report. Our old software had a report we pulled frequently for this. Being new to lightspeed I was unaware this was not an option.

Please add a back-orders list, or as our old software called - purchase orders outstanding list.