Other Payments Option

puffnpipepuffnpipe Member Posts: 1

I have an already integrated credit card payment terminal. Lightspeed POS is showing an other payments option and allowing to click debit card and credit card (for non integrated payments). I don't want this option at all. This will cause my employees to steal. If I'm an employee and instead I click "Other Payments" and click "Debit Card" the transaction goes through and the POS prints out a receipt. We will never be able to catch if this payment is legitimate or not. I talked to customer service and they (Joyce) said that this will not be removed because Lightspeed needs it for non-integrated payments customers. I understand that, BUT Lightspeed should be able to remove this for customers that have integrated payments. This is ridiculous, I've never had this issue with any other POS system. If this is not fixed, it will cause me to switch my POS company entirely. I am in the process of opening 50 locations; Lightspeed will lose my business.

2 comments

• BenVBenV Member Posts: 46

Can you post a screenshot of this "Other Payments" option? What payment processor are you using? We use Cayan/TSYS and there's no such requirement with them.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

Hey there

This could be because of a potential existing customized payment type that can be archived while not in use. I cannot locate your account so for confirmation of this and how-to's I suggest contacting our support team.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)