Lightspeed Retail POS (Web) development roadmap request

HamptonHampton Member Posts: 63 ✭

Hi Team Lightspeed,

Is it possible to share a summary of what the dev. team has on their roadmap. I would like to see it in one place so we can better vote on a requests priority.

There are some frustrating things with the design of the software which has neglected to understand the operations of a day to day retail environment.

• End of day: cash rounding and amounts to deposit if a cash over/short
  • End of day: adding payments after a sale is processed as an adjustment. If a transaction is shorted there is no way of proceeding without voiding the sale.
  • End of day: Register counts cannot be reprinted through the star printer if the system glitches out.
  • Purchase Order: a summary of units to be added to a purchase order would help with vendor return inventory adjustments when receiving
  • Sales: A simple way of adding a customer to a sale after it has been processed
  • Work Orders: Adding notes to a workorder that has been checked out

Thank you

7 comments

• HamptonHampton Member Posts: 63 ✭

Any update Lightspeed? No reply since April 20th?

• dkoleanb21dkoleanb21 Member Posts: 13 ✭

This actually used to be a thing hosted here: http://ideas.lightspeedretail.com/forums/233165-lightspeed-cloud

Now, it just says Error 404: Page not found

The system in place worked really well--you could upvote suggestions. When suggestions received enough backing. Lightspeed would indicate that they were considering making the update or if they were actively making the update.

I'd love to see that come back...

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 758 moderator

Hey @dkoleanb21

We're working on a better version of this page right now so it can get both better visibility and easier intake.

If you have any feedback to provide in the meantime, feel free to post it to the Feedback section of the Retail Community. Our team is actively looking through these posts (despite not always answering them) when needing to get feedback regarding the products they are working with.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

... Thanks Vanessa this is important for the progress of the platform. Lightspeed customers feel like their voice is not being heard when it comes to developing this platform. Alex

• RevcycleRevcycle Member Posts: 24

@Hampton

You can add a customer to a sale after the fact.. I've done it many times.

Find the transaction in Reports- All transactions- click on the transaction # and then details - find customer

@Revcycle Thanks for point this out, this is where you add customers after a sale. What I am looking for is a simpler path to get to this page.

I think we would all agree the best place to add a link to this page would be at the end of a transaction when we print a receipt.

The current Path to this page is 3-5 steps depending on your route; it should'nt be more than 2 steps

This is why a simpler path is requested by our operation

@VanessaD

Hi Vanessa, any update on the road map? I find it very frustrating that tipping has been added as a feature: see link....Yet the road map clients keep asking for have no updates.

• End of day: cash rounding and amounts to deposit if a cash over/short
    • End of day: adding payments after a sale is processed as an adjustment. If a transaction is shorted there is no way of proceeding without voiding the sale.
    • End of day: Register counts cannot be reprinted through the star printer if the system glitches out.
    • Purchase Order: a summary of units to be added to a purchase order would help with vendor return inventory adjustments when receiving
    • Sales: A simple way of adding a customer to a sale after it has been processed
    • Work Orders: Adding notes to a workorder that has been checked out
    • A Report that includes the transaction ID, SKU Description, units sold, and inventory on Hand. (This report allows retailers to efficiently re-stock their shelves while referencing IOH. The key ingredient that is needed is the transaction ID . The transaction id gives us a reference point on the last sale sold ; during a big day this is needed.