Can you add the ability for decimals in the Qty field in a sale & caluculate the amount accordingly?

rufflifepetrufflifepet Member Posts: 2

I own a pet boutique/gear store and we sell treats by the ounce. Can you please make it possibloe to include numbers with decomals (e.g., 2.7 oz) and to calculate the amount accordingly? As of right now, the quantity only allows whole numbers and it is an inconvenience to either round up or down or to ask customers if we can add more to the weight of their purchase. On-Site had this capability. Uncertain as to why Retail does not. It's a no-brainer. Thank you.

Answers

• ATjessicaATjessica Member Posts: 5

Agreed! A little frustrating that this comment has gone unanswered for so long.

I also would like decimals to work... especially in POs where we are giving a discount that makes each item say 1.445. I'm having to fix lots of "rounding" errors once my invoices are sent over to the accounting software.

• emacgeeemacgee Member Posts: 35 ✭

Yes, our company ran into this as well since we sell various brewing ingredients, teas, and other items by bulk. We had to create multiple SKUs to do what one used to in OnSite. It's very inconvenient.

• JanelleLearyJanelleLeary Member Posts: 1

We desperately need the decimals as well. It will be a major point as to whether we continue with Lightspeed or move on this winter.

• NCFMNCFM Member Posts: 7

YES PLEASE